Lu 

The Witcher 2

Hehe... didn't quite make that exact connection, but yes

though of course there was more variety to her moves, and the one where she swings the tail couldn't be dodged? at least only Quen helped me there.

If you rolled right as it lashed out, it could be dodged

No, I haven't printed those off yet. They'd probably actually work better with light card or something rather than straight paper, wouldn't they? I might give them a go anyway. Though they look fucking creepy in flat form. Triss' gaping mouth won't stop reminding me of a sex doll.

The little instructional blurb recommends a fairly heavy cardstock, but I used a heavier laser paper that holds up pretty well. Actually having them assembled might not go too far to make them less creepy, though. A lot of it is the art style.

I've read some reviews of the game and at least two mention an awesome ending to Chapter 2. In my case, it didn't seem so awesome, so if anyone can give hints as to what choices lead to this incredible chapter ending, please do (in spoiler tags).

(chapter 2 ending spoiler, at least with the Iorveth path)

Did they perhaps mean the reveal that Saskia is a Dragon?

That guy's a bastard.

A patch should be coming tonight. I was going to push on, but now I'll wait because I want to play that damn troll quest.

Does anyone know what the default Witcher 1 choices are when you begin a new game? I'll start my second playthrough after the patch has come out, but I accidentally deleted my latest Witcher 1 save games. It didn't seem that the choices affected the game much, though.

[edit]oh, actually I guess I had the Raven armor and Aerondight + D'yaebl swords thanks to my save game.

those are the same swords i had that got carried over. the best part was finding a better sword on a random soldier in the prologue :erm:

SO MUCH FOR THAT EH

those are the same swords i had that got carried over. the best part was finding a better sword on a random soldier in the prologue :erm:

SO MUCH FOR THAT EH

Yep, I had the 3 best swords in the 1st game and found a better sword in a fucking sewer, I mean really?

It seems like most save-transfer RPGs suffer from Burning Crusade syndrome. For those who haven't invested a fair bit of time into WoW;

When you exit the original game and enter the first expansion pack, there's an incredibly likely chance your first random drop from a monster will be better than something you have.

It's pretty sad that that happens most of the time. Also pre-order weapons tend to either be excessively powerful, or useless after two or three hours.

The armor that gets imported is great, though. I'm guessing it's the reason I didn't have a difficult time with the combat in the prologue, because I generally suck at fighting in games, so it wasn't a matter of skill.

Speaking of equipment, I dislike the upgrade system. If I use my sweet upgrade now, I won't be able to use it when I find a better accessory. If I have the greatest accessory ever, what if I find an incredible upgrade, but now have no more open slots? In the end, I'm probably not going to upgrade anything till 10 minutes from the end of the game.

Yep, I had the 3 best swords in the 1st game and found a better sword in a fucking sewer, I mean really?

You know what one of the best weapons is in the Prologue (at least before the prison escape)? A FUCKING SHOVEL!

BTW. I started a new game at Normal difficulty and the combat seems pretty easy now. I've only needed to cast Quen a few times, mostly doing it without signs or potions.

Steam is downloading the patch... 9 GB! Biggest 1.1 patch ever?

Also, I noticed some empty folders named x360 among the game folders. Think there will be a console version? They are going to announce something at E3, probably a console version of Witcher 2?

the best part about that patch is if you have the GOG version the patch is something like 9mb. for what it's worth, it didn't do jack dick towards improving performance for me.

maybe they can just patch me a new computer

I played about an hour of the game, wondering why it was running a bit worse than usual. Turns out I had Prime95 running in the background. Whoops!

Steam is downloading the patch... 9 GB! Biggest 1.1 patch ever?

Also, I noticed some empty folders named x360 among the game folders. Think there will be a console version? They are going to announce something at E3, probably a console version of Witcher 2?

I'm pretty sure they are doing the same thing which was done with Arma II on Steam, where pretty much the whole game needs to be downloaded to patch the game.

Well that's awesome.

1. Run a competing service

2. Package your assets horribly

3. Force customers on your competitor's platform to download over 9gigs of garbage

Well that's awesome.

1. Run a competing service

2. Package your assets horribly

3. Force customers on your competitor's platform to download over 9gigs of garbage

Nope, it could be done incredibly easily. The boxed version is a 17mb patch, the same patch as for other digital distributors. The fuck up is on Steams end.

Oh yes! The patch even removed the DRM. No regrets about buying the boxed copy.

I only tested the game for 30 minutes or so after building my PC but the combat felt pretty nice. I imagine I will hate it later.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but if you think your computer should be able to handle the game on the ultimate settings but won't, turn off the UberSampling and leave everything else untouched.

Well that's awesome.

You really love the Witcher 2, hu. :mock:

Dammit, I still couldn't finish the Melitele's Heart quest because I didn't kill the troll. Annoying :/

Has anyone gotten far on a second playthrough yet? Seems I will be taking the second time slow as my desire to play through it again has waned and I've distracted myself with some Minecraft and Frozen Synapse.

I've been talking with a friend who made a different choice in Flotsam and from what I hear the difference in story is what I suspected:

you can end up either in Vergen or in Henselt's war camp. I wonder if this is just one single large branching based on one single choice (go to Iorveth or Roche in Flotsam) or are there other choices that actually affect things a lot.

I just got to act 2 and I'm completely hooked! The story got very intersting in the later half of the first chapter and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Making even the smallest enemies a real danger is an interesting choice because for the first time in an RPG I actually have to really pay attention to what I'm wearing or carrying. Doing the side missions and pursuing good (crafted) items really helps with the difficulty: I beat the Kayran on my first try, for instance. Still had some troubles with the boss at the end of act 1, mainly because I'm shit at video games.

The engine is a very impressive achievement! I wonder how long it took them to build it. It's also good to see that they are actively patching the game.