Patters

Just Cause 2

Seems to me like an appropriate assumption.

I also had to restart from checkpoint a couple of times, my flying skills are baaad.

I'd say it would be appropriate to assume that most people would do that, but not all. There wasn't any more guidance than "destroy all three," and it didn't lock you into following a linear path in order to reach them all.

It just really stood out because the game is incredibly open by nature. There was even a part in the very first mission that reinforced this. When you grapple to the helicopter to airlift to the final memory card, the intent is that you will hang from the vehicle as is passes over, taking out dudes as you go along. I accidentally pressed the "Drop" button, but instead of the game saying, "Hey, what the hell are you doing? Get back here!" and resetting me, the female character just says, "Oh, so you want to do it your way? Fine with me, but try not to get killed," and I go about my merry way.

Decided to get the game after realizing how badly I needed Space Asshole 2: Jungle Asshole. Fun to have a game where you can just fuck around. Anyway, the moment that kinda brought me over the edge was this. I bailed out of a burning helicopter, didn't realize just how low to the ground I was. It still put me in the freefall animation. I frantically hit the parachute button, but instead my face slams into the ground, and then Looney Tunes style, my chute deploys a second after I've already tasted dirt.

Decided to get the game after realizing how badly I needed Space Asshole 2: Jungle Asshole. Fun to have a game where you can just fuck around. Anyway, the moment that kinda brought me over the edge was this. I bailed out of a burning helicopter, didn't realize just how low to the ground I was. It still put me in the freefall animation. I frantically hit the parachute button, but instead my face slams into the ground, and then Looney Tunes style, my chute deploys a second after I've already tasted dirt.

I actually want to buy this game, based on that post alone. They really need to make a Looney Tunes game. Paint a cave onto a rockface, then run into it and watch your enemies run into the rock xD

Jungle Asshole.

That sounds like a terrible disease.

They really need to make a Looney Tunes game. Paint a cave onto a rockface, then run into it and watch your enemies run into the rock xD

YES. multiplayer. deathmatch.

YES. multiplayer. deathmatch.

That would be the most f'd up game in the world.

It needs to be made. Jake! Screw the adventure game stuff. Make a new Looney Tunes game pls.

So I decided to just finish up the story missions to get them out of the way and off of my map, and holy crap. Despite spending a large amount of time screwing around, I had 38.8% completion. This is gonna take a while.

38%?

You must have played at least 20h... I finished the game with 29% and I thought I did a lot of screwing around as well.

so let me ask you guys who have done the main story missions. is there some world-altering events that lock out the faction missions or make the whole world hate you like in GTA? part of me wants to advance the missions but another part is afraid that i'm shooting myself in the foot.

so let me ask you guys who have done the main story missions. is there some world-altering events that lock out the faction missions or make the whole world hate you like in GTA? part of me wants to advance the missions but another part is afraid that i'm shooting myself in the foot.

Not really. When you get to the second-to-last mission, you'll have to choose a faction to help you, but they don't do anything beyond sending you support during the mission. You then get immediately sent on the final mission, after which the game dumps you back on the island in "Mercenary Mode," and anything you didn't get around to finishing is available to you.

The actual story arc is over very quickly. I did a number of side missions and sabotages, and although the missions require chaos to unlock, the next one was always available due to the amount of screwing around I did.

Also, best ending sequence ever:

You and final boss guy are riding atop four nuclear missiles that you have to override and send into the ocean. Fuckin' SWEET!

Another awesome moment: I was escaping from a hostile military base through the woods, but the army had called in a helicopter. It was shooting at me, but wasn't doing well, because I had a lot of cover from the trees, so it came down really low. I grappled to it and commenced the "entering a helicopter" quick-time event in which you smack the pilot around so you can throw him out and take the controls. While I was doing this, the chopper smashed into a tree and we both died. It's as though the game recognized that...oops! no one's actually controlling this vehicle right now! and responded appropriately. Another Loony Toons moment, I suppose.

Me and mountains seem to always result in hilarity. First off, I'm on a big snowy mountain, needed to get somewhere far. So i was like "hey i'll buy a jet." So I did! Then the plane started rolling down the mountain before I could get in! I try to zip after it with grapple a bunch, at one point I guess I reached terminal velocity and smashed my face into a rock and died.

Another mountain moment. I was at the top of a mountain, overlooking a military base below. I for some reason decided it would be badass to jump a motorcycle off the top into the base. So I order a bike. Everything goes smooth for like 5 seconds. I hit a small rock and flip the bike. Then proceed to roll down the ENTIRE MOUNTAIN. Very slowly too! Took about a minute for me to come to a stop so I could actually regain control. I was laughing my ass off the entire time.

Did any of you guys try the bolopatch? (http://m0.to/BOLOPatch/ adds unlimited ammo, unbreakable cables and multiple cables among other things)?

My copy is still in the mail I hope it'll arrive tomorrow. I want to blow up airplanes while jumping from helicopter to helicopter too!:woohoo:

OOOH! That does sound fun. I kind of want to beat the game first before using that, but I'll definitely install it for some extra fucking around once the story mode is over.

Oh, dpp, I have 30% completion right now and have finished 5 of the agency missions. I think there are 7 or 8 of those things? My final completion rating will probably be scary high for you if 28% is your endgame standard...

There are 7 agency missions, and #7 starts directly after #6.

I don't think your completion percentage will be that high, comparatively. There are literally thousands of separate things that make up the 100%, and while missions are bigger than the others, they're still pretty small.

I broke 50% completion around 36 hours of play. If I remember correctly, that was all story and faction missions, 10 challenges, 70-something fully complete locations, a little over half of the faction items, and whatever other random destroyed and collected objects I had done at the time.

Damn, I wish I'd read that about 20 minutes ago. I finished off the Ular missions and decided to do the 6th agency mission. Thing is, I still have a ton of missions to do for the other factions, so when I saw that I'd have to choose a favorite and then go straight to the endgame, I got pissed off and quit. Thing is, I was relying on the autosaves, so I hadn't actually saved my game since starting up. There goes an evening of play.

Dammit

attachment.php?attachmentid=515&stc=1&d=1267819207

I got the same crap from trying the demo out.

I have XP at the moment temporarily due to hardware testings, but I've been meaning to install my new 750GB harddrive and put 7 again.

Once you finish the game it remains open, so you can finish whatever there's left, so I wouldn't worry about "unwillingly" finish it.

Meh, after I posted that I went back and re-did the missions I'd had to undo. I'd also 100%-ed an area though, so it pissed me off that I didn't get that back. Also, I thought I was so badass for stumbling upon the Mile High Club. Like, holy shit, they actually put this in? That's a fantastic easter egg! Then the next mission I did sent me right back up there and I realized I'd just hit a scripted location early. Less cool.

At least the mission featured male strippers firing at you with machine guns, while wearing nothing but a bow tie and underwear. I was laughing pretty hard at that.

Also, I thought I was so badass for stumbling upon the Mile High Club. Like, holy shit, they actually put this in? That's a fantastic easter egg! Then the next mission I did sent me right back up there and I realized I'd just hit a scripted location early. Less cool.

The same thing happened to me. Also, the "Lost" island. I spent a lot of time exploring the area because I didn't think it would be touched during any of the missions (no locations to discover), but then a mission sent me there and kind of ruined it for me.

The same thing happened to me. Also, the "Lost" island. I spent a lot of time exploring the area because I didn't think it would be touched during any of the missions (no locations to discover), but then a mission sent me there and kind of ruined it for me.

I actually enjoyed that mission. Because A) it was pretty cool and B) it was fucking ridiculous. I've now finished all the faction missions and just now getting around to the agency missions. I find I'm completely reveling in the sheer craziness of the plot. Plus I can probably screw around in this game forever. I've actually started to ignore planes and extraction in favor of driving places just so I can mess around more.

After I finish the game I'll probably go back with that trainer mentioned earlier and go even crazier.

Edit: Finished the missions, this game is so ludicrous and I love it for that.

Edited by Brannigan

I'm starting to think that the game asks too much of you as a prerequisite to the Agency Missions. I just want to complete the main story now but it's becoming a bit of a slog. I guess they were trying to pad out the length and gameplay, but they probably should not have made what are ostensibly side missions into requirements.

Amusingly I hardly paid attention to the agency missions until I finished all the factions. I just didn't care. Though I must say the story missions become fucking amazing when

the ninjas appear.

I didn't mind doing faction missions because I spent 90% of the game just blowing crap up and having a blast. So I figured doing missions would just help me do that more.

I really dug the last mission because it was so fucking absurd. Also I had a great bug. When you get to the entrance of baby's hideout, I grappled up to the face and accidentally got stuck in the nostril and couldn't get out. From the outside it just looked like my legs were dancing while protruding out of this giant nose.

Amusingly I hardly paid attention to the agency missions until I finished all the factions. I just didn't care. Though I must say the story missions become fucking amazing when

the ninjas appear.

I didn't mind doing faction missions because I spent 90% of the game just blowing crap up and having a blast. So I figured doing missions would just help me do that more.

Turns out I only have two more agency missions, so it's actually not bad. It makes sense they would ramp up the requirements to unlock missions at the end of the game like that. And wow, I've done a lot of faction missions and a lot of military base destruction (about 30 hours played) but I don't know if I'll have the ambition, patience etc... to finish every last faction mission. Do you do that with most of this kind of open world games?