Sign in to follow this  
Patters

The Idle Thumbs Podcast Episode 2: Scoops Horn

[use] GUN on [Man]:tup:

true, but after combining sticky tape, with rodent, marbles and whiskey to create the gun

true, but after combining sticky tape, with rodent, marbles and whiskey to create the gun

TF2 almost supports that with its crafting system.

TF2 almost supports that with its crafting system.

If only you could use duct tape to create items, even showing it on the item itself.

Oh man, customizable weapons would be an awesome next step for TF2. I had an awesome vision for a flamethrower with a mustache.

I've played literally ~400h of TF2 and I haven't found any hats yet (besides the halo and the Halloween top hat)... which infuriates me to no end :(

I've played literally ~400h of TF2 and I haven't found any hats yet (besides the halo and the Halloween top hat)... which infuriates me to no end :(

I found a pyro beanie! Unfortunately I don't play pyro at all anymore! Only play sniper. However I am pretty happy with my ghastly gibus, halo, and bill's hat.

I just started listening to the episode again, and I'm surprised that Chris's comment of "this is number two" didn't quickly devolve into poo jokes.

Also, it's great that Chris used his Resident Evil voice for Civilization 5, because that's exactly what played in my head when I saw the game's announcement.

I should try to get a job at Telltale so I can pad out your team! Need any more QA guys? That would be the bes- wait... I'm forgetting that I'm TERRIBLE AT TF2 again, aren't I? Damn it.

Also,

"But here's the fucking CRAZY thing, he got woken up by a phone call from his other friend, that said that friend was DEAD... IN REAL LIFE! And then he looked at his hand, and there was a CONE OF COLD COMING OUT OF IT!!"

"Whaaaa~"

"And then just before, he left the friend was like 'so when are you gonna buy me that drink?"

*Gasping laughter*

"And then that all zoomed out, and the gate fold to a Dragon Age box closed, and it said 'Dragon Age: Rated M for mature'. That game's fucked up. That's the new DLC I think, actually."

"Oh, nice! ...Oh my god, the DLC is called 'Awakening'!"

*Gasps*

"NOOOOOOOOO!"

"WHAAAAAAAA!"

"AAAAAAHHHHH!"

EPIC. LEGENDARY LULZ.

I figured I should throw in a little about Stalker. The latest one is pretty great, much better than the first.

Because I am a native Russian speaker, I've been playing it with the Russian speech on. And let me tell you, Chris, that the Russian speech really isn't that different from the English. They made it very over-the-top corny on purpose.

I see a lot of alternative translation mods being made, but they really don't need to be. This is exactly how the developers intended it. Very light-hearted. :yep:

Im right there with you, brother. I did find one hat, my first hat, a scout hat.... I know I said I'd play any class I actually got a hat for, but scout doesn't work in so many situations for me.

But yeah, I'd loooovvveee a hat for a class I play a lot, man that would be so damn awesome. I honestly quit Tf2 for a couple months because the hat thing was pissing me off

When i got back ther ewas this crafting so I started to do crafting, turns out it lists all my items, duplicates or not and I crafted half my weapons away.

So that was fun.