JonCole

Christmas Haul

I was thinking about making a big ass blog post with pictures of all the shit I got for Christmas, but then I realized that I neither had the motivation nor vanity to go to those masturbatory lengths. Instead, I figured I'd just make a good ol' forum topic for people to slap their lists on.

Stuff:

• Playstation 3
  • Infamous
  • Killzone 2
  • District 9, 500 Days of Summer, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Blu-Rays
  • A huge surge protector with like... 10 outlets. I don't know why I'd ever need something like this.
  • A sweet brown hoodie
  • Some shirts
  • A blade coffee grinder
  • Couple of USB Flash Drives
  • Best Buy, Starbucks, and Wal-Mart Gift Cards

CHRISTMAS IS ABOUT CELEBRATING THE BIRTH OF JESUS YOU MATERIALISTIC ASS!

• A toaster
  • New Super Mario Bros Wii
  • A bunch of books
  • A bunch of utensils and cutlery
  • A wooden tray
  • Glassware
  • Linen
  • A medikit
  • A shovel
  • A broom

Ten Year Old Toblix would shiver at the very thought of a list filled with so much boring shit, but I consider it a sign of maturity that I can appreciate getting a nice, soft towel for Christmas. Before, I depended on Christmas to get the awesome stuff I wanted but couldn't afford (games, etc). Now that I can just buy these things, I've started to derive more pleasure from figuring out gifts for other people than getting gifts myself. It's always hard, but we usually figure something out in the end, even for people like Señor Grippage who, when asked what he would like for Christmas, lists stupid items like blank CDs and socks.

So I didn't get much, mostly due to wanting to build a decent PC so I asked for money, but what I did get I am happy for:

• Assassin's Creed II
  • 700ml of Glenfiddich :tup:
  • A new hoody
  • a decent pair of jeans

Before, I depended on Christmas to get the awesome stuff I wanted but couldn't afford (games, etc). Now that I can just buy these things, I've started to derive more pleasure from figuring out gifts for other people than getting gifts myself. It's always hard, but we usually figure something out in the end, even for people like Señor Grippage who, when asked what he would like for Christmas, lists stupid items like blank CDs and socks.

Yeah, once I got a job and started buying things, my favorite gifts quickly went from the newest rad games to a really thoughtfully chosen sweater or something similar. That said, this year was:

- a few nice sweaters and hoodies

- Assassin's Creed 2 (360)

- Modern Warfare 2 (PC)

- a very nice little camera

- Inglorious Basterds BRD

Very nice, games-wise, and I love the cozy stuff I got. My mum's boyfriend continued his tradition, as every Christmas for the last three years I have received a Call of Duty (4, 5, MW2) game and the latest release from Ubisoft Montreal (AC1: 2007, PoP2008: 2008, AC2: 2009) from him. He didn't realize he'd done this, but it's kinda funny when I think about it.

Jon, that's quite a crazy haul. Not only a PS3, but a couple of excellent games and BRDs to go with. I don't really play it online, but give me an add if you want, same name as here and on XBL.

I happened to pick up

-A neat little camera. Using the 1MP one on my mobile phone wore thin

-Seasons 1 and 2 of X-Files

And a lush christmas dinner. Yummers!

Jon, that's quite a crazy haul. Not only a PS3, but a couple of excellent games and BRDs to go with. I don't really play it online, but give me an add if you want, same name as here and on XBL.

Yeah, my parents managed to snag the best Black Friday bundle out there, as far as the PS3 + games go. And I actually originally watched D9 and 500 Days with my girlfriend, so she figured they'd also make great BRD gifts for me (she was right, I adore both of those movies).

I got a full falconry day out, get to fly hawks, owls and best of all, eagles!

An A4 Watchmen Hardback book written by Dave Gibbons containing loads of prelim. artwork and storylines etc., some clothes and a couple of other books. Plus I got the flight paid for on a trip to Germany a month back.

Excellent.

I got a unicycle. Wasn't expecting it, the request my dad made for a list was just a ploy.

Also, games.

I also got Inglorious Basterds on Blu-Ray... except mine came with a special christmas surprise in the form of a security tag which shattered the case and prevented access to the all important disc. Nnnargh.... don't suppose I can blame the shop assistants since it was shrink wrapped (definitely not stolen) and very subtle, but damn that was annoying.

I got:

* a mobile phone, just like I wanted: anything that can play MP3 ringtones

* a BIG photography book (MAGNUM)

* chocolate

* some money

I've also just picked up a nasty tooth infection. So I guess i'll be lining some lucky bastards pocket when the dental surgery opens in 2 hours.

Small, but perfectly formed, Xmas haul this year...

• Michael Palin's Diaries (vol 2)
  • A gigantic box of quality chocolates
  • After Hours (Scorcese classic) on DVD

plus, with the money I got, I bought myself...

• Woody Allen boxset DVD
  • Rock Band Gretsch Guitar
  • Dollhouse Season 1

Very nice!

I had a subtle Christmas this year. From an unexpected corner I got the book What is the What, and then today I treated myself to a late Christma present: the Lego Home One Calamari Cruiser which was on sale at Toys R Us.

Don't know how I'll bring it back home to the Netherlands, but I'll figure it out.

I had no wishes for this Christmas and so I got:

• Moomin mug
  • Another Moomin mug
  • Dog mug
  • Nice bathrobe
  • 2 boxes of Fazer chocolate
  • A handmade ironwire tree made by my brother's wife (this one is really cool, I have no idea how she can make all this stuff with her hands)
  • some money

Edited by Kolzig

I offered material 24 presents

12 drawings

5 wireframe sculptures

6 clay sculptures

I got :

• A novel
  • Two regular pencils

This sounds dumb, but I asked multiple people to buy me Best Buy gift cards as well as last month for my birthday. I saved it all up and splurged it last weekend on a Playstation 3 and $70 at the PSN store.

I really haven't messed with it much, since it's been spending most of it's time updating though. I did get in a lot of time with my Noby Noby Boy otherwise.

So yeah, I'm finally an "HD gamer," or whatever.

• Moomin mug
  • Another Moomin mug

Is that Moomin as in the weird cartoon hippo things and the scary little girl? I used to have nightmares about that little girl :blink:

I got:

• The Young Ones series 1 & 2 on DVD (sadly not as funny as I remember)
  • Gloves, socks and underpants
  • A box of my sister's home made biscuits, shortbread, cakes etc

A good year for me :tup:

I really haven't messed with it much, since it's been spending most of it's time updating though. I did get in a lot of time with my Noby Noby Boy otherwise.

Oh, man, no shit. I spent like the first three hours straight updating firmware, updating games, downloading PSN games, installing PSN games, installing games, etc. I used to think that PS3 whiners were just... well, whiny, but now I don't blame them.

Is that Moomin as in the weird cartoon hippo things and the scary little girl? I used to have nightmares about that little girl :blink:

I imagine so, as they were created by a Finnish guy and Kolzig's location says Finland.

I got a coat, a rucksack, a DVD, a book, some socks, some underpants, and some more socks. This suited me fine, and I wasn't expecting any more, due to various financial predicaments. I had prior knowledge of the first three gifts, and due to a hilarious mix-up, I had actually wrapped the third for somebody else, when it turned out that it was actually meant for me.

Oh, man, no shit. I spent like the first three hours straight updating firmware, updating games, downloading PSN games, installing PSN games, installing games, etc. I used to think that PS3 whiners were just... well, whiny, but now I don't blame them.

You should have come over to our side...

gates-dreamy.jpg

It's where the cool kids are.

The animated TV show is animated in Japan, and has all the qualities of proper Anime. It's originally written by a Finnish lady:

Tove_Jansson_1956.jpg