Roderick

San Francisco

How about it?

2000_cisqo3.jpg

I was so close to saying something along the lines of "I don't know if he'd really care what you call it" and post a picture. Congratulations on sharing a brain with me.

They're right down the street from my office :)

Ha! Is that where the name comes from? I never made the connection. I was actually thinking of this:

CiscoHeat_arcadeflyer.png

Also, who knew Cisco was such a versatile name!

...:shifty:...

-28C here right now, puny Englishman.

We apparently got to -20C in the past few days, I would consider it a lie, we are good at over exaggerating, I bet it reached a low of -10C.

We got hit by a chinook this week (blast of unseasonably warm air coming from the Rocky Mountains. Makes Calgary winters bearable.) so it's actually about 6 above 0 today. This winter has been weirdly warm, with about -20 being the norm. I don't bother closing my jacket in this kind of weather. Haven't had a single day below -30 yet, which is kind of freaking me out. I'm bracing myself for when the other shoe drops now. Needless to say, I would gladly be in a beautiful coastal city such as San Francisco during the winter.

We got hit by a chinook this week...

The only reason I know that word is because of a Boards of Canada song.

Alternatively, it's freezing here in Houston, Texas. I'll trade.

Yeah, Canada is crazy, I don't know why your ancestors (or just you, I don't know obviously) ever moved there :P

My dad shipped over here from Australia in the 70s. He lived in Kingston though, which is relatively warm. Moving to Calgary was the big mistake.

Well, there's a bit of bad luck: it's gonna rain furiously on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll have to schedule my visit to Alcatraz on Thursday, then! Museums are of course fine to visit on rainy days :)

I'm here! Wow, it's so great. Just the minute I rode into the city, the feel, the vibe! So much better than grimy, shitty Los Angeles. Now THIS is a city! This morning I visited the hilarious Exploratorium, I had sushi and spent the afternoon in Japan Town (which made my jaw drop; a huge mall with only Japanese shops and restaurants!) and tonight I'm thinking of visiting Coit Tower for the view (if it's still open then).

I've got two more days after this, and I plan to stack them full of awesome stuff. Tomorrow I'm probably seeing a movie with a friend, maybe I'll visit the Fisherman's Wharf... and on Thursday it's Alcatraz, baby.

Wow, San Francisco. This is the first time the US has got me thinking that living here might not be so bad after all!

Also, my first night here made me feel I was in an Idle Thumbs podcast with all the blaring sirens outside, downtown :tup:

So much better than grimy, shitty Los Angeles.
It's true.
Wow, San Francisco. This is the first time the US has got me thinking that living here might not be so bad after all!
:deranged:

It's very far from San Francisco, but if you get the chance, go visit Chicago; it's one of the cities I really wish I could live and work in.

That might not be a bad idea: I already know a few people there now (all of them work in LA at the company I intern at). Connnnnnections!

(Alcatraz today was very nice by the way! It's quite beautiful up there, with the gardens and the view, and the surprisingly terrific audio tour of the penitentiary.)

That might not be a bad idea: I already know a few people there now (all of them work in LA at the company I intern at). Connnnnnections!

(Alcatraz today was very nice by the way! It's quite beautiful up there, with the gardens and the view, and the surprisingly terrific audio tour of the penitentiary.)

I think they should rebuild those ruins. The wardens home. And open up the area around the labor/washing building behind the water tower. :buyme:

I'm here! Wow, it's so great. Just the minute I rode into the city, the feel, the vibe! So much better than grimy, shitty Los Angeles. Wow, San Francisco. This is the first time the US has got me thinking that living here might not be so bad after all!

Well, I DID try and tell you...