Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

DEAR DEVELOPERS OF THE WORLD - I NEED THIS

Looks cool, but would I don't know if Back to the Future would make for interesting gameplay other than fooling with the Delorian.

Looks cool, but would I don't know if Back to the Future would make for interesting gameplay other than fooling with the Delorian.

they can always make a LEGO Back to the Future

they can always make a LEGO Back to the Future

THAT... is actually an excellent idea.

Think of the possibilities! The puzzles that you could solve using time travel... making sure you were in the right place at the right time. Remember: You can't leap through space, only time. A different architecture for each decade. Go back too far and it's just open land. Great Scott! There's SO many possibilities for a sandbox game with a cool time-machine... *drools*

Think of the possibilities! The puzzles that you could solve using time travel... making sure you were in the right place at the right time. There's so many possibilities for a sandbox game with a cool time machine... *drools*

Yeah, the one thing I loved about Prince of Persia Warrior Within.

Looks cool, but would I don't know if Back to the Future would make for interesting gameplay

I think it could be AWESOME!!! especially if people were continually working on the mod...imagine a fallout style gameworld where you can have interactions that CHANGE THE FUTUREEEEEE!!!!! (I'm Peter Molyneux). Admittedly, it probably wouldn't be as awesome in practice as it is in theory (which we saw with the Fable series) but what if they really could...

Also, I don't know if Crysis could be modded to support the kind of gameplay I'm thinking of.

Oh, well...to dream...

And then if it happens, I'll be able to play it in like 10 years when I have a computer that will run Crysis and everybody's injecting Crysis 17 into their eyechips.

And then if it happens, I'll be able to play it in like 10 years when I have a computer that will run Crysis and everybody's injecting Crysis 17 into their eyechips.

I can imagine: "I just had my brain upgraded and it's still jerky!"

I can imagine: "I just had my brain upgraded and it's still jerky!"

Yeah...FUCK! I can't decide whether to get an NVIDIA brain or AVI. AVI is cheaper but I want PHYSX support!

Somehow, I thought this topic was for the gods.

The video looks pretty neat, though.

Have not seen the movie.

:getmecoat

When thinking of awesome time travel games, DOTT always springs to mind. I know there's a Zelda game that does it, and there's the weird Japanese Xbox game where you carry a ladder with you. And Time Commando was pretty cool, but I think DOTT will be hard to beat, even with a DMC.

Somehow, I thought this topic was for the gods.

Oh man. What a weird thing to say, but as drunk as I am now I find it hilarious.

Yeah...FUCK! I can't decide whether to get an NVIDIA brain or AVI. AVI is cheaper but I want PHYSX support!

ATI?

ATI?

Exactly. Once again: Drunk. Also, if you're online right now, please come on xbox live.

Think of the possibilities! The puzzles that you could solve using time travel... making sure you were in the right place at the right time. Remember: You can't leap through space, only time. A different architecture for each decade. Go back too far and it's just open land. Great Scott! There's SO many possibilities for a sandbox game with a cool time-machine... *drools*

Or it could be about repeatedly freezing your parents in place with a guitar until a picture of your family fills in. Like this.

I played that game far more than it deserved. I think it might well have the worst combat system ever. That 12 minute video is the entire game, by the way.

Yea, that was pretty go--WAIT WHAT?

Have not seen the movie.

:eek:

YOU GO CORRECT THAT RIGHT NOW, SIR.

When thinking of awesome time travel games, DOTT always springs to mind. I know there's a Zelda game that does it, and there's the weird Japanese Xbox game where you carry a ladder with you. And Time Commando was pretty cool, but I think DOTT will be hard to beat, even with a DMC.

Majora's Mask has head-explody time travel stuff. It's the Groundhog Day of video games: you constantly have to relive the same three days and explore every facet of these ever-resetting three days to be at the right moment at the right place to get stuff done. It's amazing, and amazingly difficult. I wish it was just a trifle easier, I couldn't finish it because of it.

Ocarina of Time has some time travel going on as well, but it's relatively straightforward stuff: planting seeds and skipping time to see the plant, etc.

I think Majora actually has less time travel stuff than Ocarina. While Majora has you bopping back and forth through time, every time you go back the three days everything you've done is erased. If you're looking to actually have an effect on the world, Ocarina lets you do more.

That's not to say which is the better game. I personally hold Majora as my second favorite Zelda, right behind Link's Awakening.

I want a time travel game where the objective in each level is to find a particular butterfly and stomp on it ¬¬

--

A game with the Delorean might be fun, but it would be a lot of work. Basically, scripting history to come out at you through records offices and NPC conversations, allowing you to track down the right date to go to and what to change there. There would also, of course, be levels where you're having to find ways to repair and power it.

rundmc1-300x280.jpg

Those are high stakes!

I can't remember whether this has been posted here before, but some guys have been working on a time travelling RTS; if you don't have the resources you need now, you can go back in time and start them building earlier.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/03/27/epochal-achron-meta-time-strategy/

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqerUDPguO0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqerUDPguO0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUwLGaiWKAo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUwLGaiWKAo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I can't remember whether this has been posted here before, but some guys have been working on a time travelling RTS; if you don't have the resources you need now, you can go back in time and start them building earlier.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/03/27/epochal-achron-meta-time-strategy/

Yeah! That's what I'm talking about. Non-linear time-travel tactics that work into the gameplay itself. A sand-boxy GTA style game with a time-travelling Delorian.

It's not THAT much to ask... is it? :grin: