Sign in to follow this  
Murdoc

Water on the Moon?

Ahahahaaha I hadn't thought of that. An underwater city... on the moon! A moon city... underwater! Or embedded in ice at least (actually embedded in ice would also be a good Bioshock 3 or 4).

This is pretty cool news anyway.

Now that I actually think about it, they went about Bioshock the wrong way. They should've started it with a city embedded in ice, then, in the sequel, there would be one submerged in water. The third one would be a city immersed in steam. They could release the plasma and Bose–Einstein condensate ones as DLC as they would likely be very short.

Yes, but then during the first level the city would accidentally be flooded with liquid helium, which would take a year to get out before the player could continue.

Idle Thumbs Bioshock sequel premise begins! You get the water and the moon in one game.

Yeah, but they only found the equivalent of "a dozen two-gallon buckets" of water. It'd be more of an underwater shed than a city :-/

That was just the mass detected in the debris plume, as I understand it (a plume created by crashing a high speed probe into a crater shadow - fun!)

They are pleased with the results; it suggests are a lot more lunar ice than they were expecting.

But yes no lunar seas, more like a layer of subdermal permafrost.

Now that I actually think about it, they went about Bioshock the wrong way. They should've started it with a city embedded in ice, then, in the sequel, there would be one submerged in water. The third one would be a city immersed in steam. They could release the plasma and Bose–Einstein condensate ones as DLC as they would likely be very short.

Weird. I just watched a documentary special about the "science of cold," a major part of which was the pursuit of Bose-Einstein condensates.

But yes no lunar seas, more like a layer of subdermal permafrost.

Lunar Rapture is going to have to be awfully thin.

When I read this thread's title all I could think of was

whalers8kp.jpg

I just heard the jingle from the old ads for the Operation game.

"Is it water on the moon?"

"OP-ER-A-TION!"