Sign in to follow this  
amishler

Psychonauts gets a publisher: Majesco

Why do they always announce interesting things while I'm away on holiday?

PC version :D. That means I will actually be able to play this game :).

I figured it out. I don't know why it took me so long. Those weird floating things are figments. You know, figments as in, "Rise up in rank as you collect figments of other people’s imaginations, sort their emotional baggage, clear out their mental cobwebs, and crack open their memory vaults." So they are in everyone's mind. There are several other screenshots where you can see them too. So, now I'm just left with being confused about who exactly that tall guy is...

So, now I'm just left with being confused about who exactly that tall guy is...

Tall guy? You mean the red guy with the hat... He looks a bit short really compared to everyone but Raz...

Ah that guy. Right. I thought you were talking about that red guy because you were wondering about him earlier.

That tall guy has been talked about by Tim before in some early Psychonauts coverage. You should be able to recognize him by his hat.

Right, I know about him, but what I don't get is why he's standing in a room that looks exactly like a room inside of, presumably, his head. I mean, compare the screen I just posted to this one. They look identical except the second one has figments in it, so it has to be in someone's mind. The only thing I can think of is that either a)there's a version of himself inside his mind, or b)there's a version of the room he's in inside his mind. This screenshot proves that that is infact how he looks in the real world.

The old screenshot could have been just thrown together for screenshot purposes, or other way around.

I think you guys need to relax and stop picking apart these screenshots. I'm scared by how Moos was able to name nine possible levels of the game.

I consume all the information too, but I've stopped trying to give it some sort of structure in my head long ago. Psychonauts has way too much cool shit to keep track of effectively. Besides, a lot things we thought we knew might have been changed long ago. Legend has it that the E3 2001 level doesn't even exist anymore.

I think you guys need to relax and stop picking apart these screenshots. I'm scared by how Moos was able to name nine possible levels of the game.

I consume all the information too, but I've stopped trying to give it some sort of structure in my head long ago. Psychonauts has way too much cool shit to keep track of effectively. Besides, a lot things we thought we knew might have been changed long ago. Legend has it that the E3 2001 level doesn't even exist anymore.

Yeah, and I think I might have a 10th now too. :shifty: But, I agree. I'm guessing that a lot of stuff has changed since it was first shown. This is obvious even from what IGN said way back when, "The game is organized more or less in 16 levels, but each level is actually inside the mind of sixteen different disturbed individuals." So, it's anyones guess what's been dropped, what's been modified, and what's completely new.

Oh, and you mean e3 2002, right? :shifty:

It's a trailer that was shown at an awards show.

Well, Trep, I wasn't originally going to post this, but since you love my pixel analysis, I didn't want to let you down. The 10th mind that I can think of is the inside of that unknown guys head, and there have even already been some screenshots released of it. How do I know, you ask? Well, compare the face on the big medal in this shot to the guy's actual face seen here (or in Marek's avatar). Interesting, no? So, Trep :mock:

Aha! So, are the levels or maps or whatever they're called themed after the mind of the character you're "in" or something? I don't know much about this game.

Yep that's sort of the point of the game :) The levels are basically video game level representations of those peoples minds.

Hey-hey-hey!

Sounds like a good idea. Let's hope none of the people are really into jumping between small platforms.