Sign in to follow this  
amishler

Psychonauts gets a publisher: Majesco

Jeezus cripes, Moos, isn't that overkill? One version of the game should be fine, two would be redundant. I dunno which I want, since it launches next year I guess if my sister's rig or mine is obsolete for it by then I'll just get the Xbox version.

Yeah, it'll probably play better on xbox too.

Platform games just feel right on a console. I'm buying the Xbox version as soon as it releases, but maybe after a while, and the price drops, I'll get the PC version too. (My Xbox is such an unreliable piece of crap. I should buy a new one.)

Jeezus cripes, Moos, isn't that overkill? One version of the game should be fine, two would be redundant. I dunno which I want, since it launches next year I guess if my sister's rig or mine is obsolete for it by then I'll just get the Xbox version.

Maybe... I probably won't get them both at the same time. Xbox first and then the PC one a bit later. Gotta be able to take screenshots and the what not.

Stop it! Stop it! :\

While that shirt rocks, I've always thought that it might look cooler if just 2HB was on it without the rest of the logo. 2HB rules.

Very nice, Jake.

Trep, that's not a bad idea either. I've actually considered getting a tattoo when I head off to college, but I haven't decided what of. Somehow, I doubt it will end up being 2HB (if I get one at all) as cool as that would be.

:mrt:

:eek: Don't you dare get a permanent one of it! You'll regret it years from now.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If I get one it won't be of something like that. While I doubt anyone actually has a tattoo of the Gold Guy, I'm sure if someone did they'd be trying to cut it off right about now. Not that I think there's some sort of parrallel between LucasArts and Double Fine.

I'm just going to say this:

Thank you Tim Schafer!

As Psychonauts is a console platformer at heart, I think it will feel more right on the Xbox, but I doubt I'll have an Xbox forever. If I get the PC version I can play it for many years to come. If it's possible I might buy a gamepad to play it with. I think the only reason I'd buy the Xbox one is if the PC port got delayed.

Strangely, I was thinking about Double Fine t-shirts and how great they would be the other day. In fact, I think about it every day. I'm sure some cool stuff like that will become available someday soon, maybe keep pestering Tim for it.

Well I'm just going to say this:

Thank you Tim Shaeffer!

I was actually worried for a second or two that I had done the famous misspelling of the name and you mocked me because of that... :sombrero:

It does sound weird that the game is picked up so easily by Microsoft then droped so suddenly, but I think I know why. I remember reading in an interview that Psychonats was orignaly going to come out on PS2 , the system that many weird games alredy come out on. When Microsoft said that they would publish the game, the whole production changed systems to xbox. Now that the producton has gone on too long to revert back to the PS2, Microsoft can give the game to anouther publisher and have Psychonats be xbox exclusive.

Psychonats is the kind of game that could likely sell a few systems to the kind of gamer that haven't been buying a lot of their console yet, a very good plan. The only problem is that Majesco is now going to make a PC version, putting a hole in Microsoft's perfect plan.

Of corse this is probably just a bunch of horse crap, but I will still buy my copy on the PC, thank you. Unless, of corse, they cancel that version or it sucks.

I think it's more related to Microsoft's Ed Fries making a huge effort to sign up a bunch of big-name / original titles as part of Xbox's initial publishing efforts, then Ed Fries leaving, and then whoever is in charge now seeing how other wacky platformers didn't manage to sell on Xbox and cutting back on the current games portfolio. (Psychonauts wasn't the only game to get its support dropped.)

Your theory is nice but I'm not sure if it's true.

Erm... no.

:ponycrap:

There is a human interest story behind it with Ed Fries taking non-mass-appeal games under his wing — and then leaving Microsoft... after which accountants took over the Xbox line and cut the umbilical cords of those games that looked the most unique.

I think it's more related to Microsoft's Ed Fries making a huge effort to sign up a bunch of big-name / original titles as part of Xbox's initial publishing efforts, then Ed Fries leaving, and then whoever is in charge now seeing how other wacky platformers didn't manage to sell on Xbox and cutting back on the current games portfolio. (Psychonauts wasn't the only game to get its support dropped.)

Your theory is nice but I'm not sure if it's true.

Crap. Spoke one minute too late...