Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

I used to be all about koalas when it came to cute marsupials. Then I saw that shit a few years ago. Now it's cuscuses.

Common-spotted-cuscus-on-branch.jpg

err.... wtf?!

what happened at 1:27? and then the ending...

Has PonPonPon been linked yet?

pb3IdLdIc6s

(Edit: I non-ironically love this song.)

This isn't intended to be hilarious:

00gAbgBu8R4

ALUIliudaghliuhqwrliugqafpiugarlifhbfjbflsjkdhfasdf

I would like to hear some enlightened commentary on what exactly is going on in there.

ALUIliudaghliuhqwrliugqafpiugarlifhbfjbflsjkdhfasdf

I would like to hear some enlightened commentary on what exactly is going on in there.

Voxels, and a lot of them. A number of things make me suspicious and doubtful that this will have an impact on games in any way:

• There is no animation at all,
  • It's just a million copies of very limited set of shapes. It's very obvious, which leads me to believe this reveals some sort of crippling limitation of the technology – if not they would surely have come up with some more elephant statues for their tech demo!
  • There's something suspicious about a company coming out of nowhere making huge promises without properly demonstrating anything.
  • That fucking guy!

I dunno, it sounded like he was talking about particles rather than voxels as such. It would be pretty silly if he forgot some important aspect of the technology while talking in these extreme terms about revolution and whatnot.

That is the most Japanese thing ever. :tup:

I like it, shamefully.

Edited by Thompson

pb3IdLdIc6s

(Edit: I non-ironically love this song.)

I got as far as her vomiting goose silhouettes. What the hell?

I got as far as her vomiting goose silhouettes. What the hell?

I didn't get that far. I really, really dislike the whole super-high tone/pitch voice that seems to be the "cute button" for Japanese women. Hell, I'm sure there's even a word for it, because there's a word for every weird thing that comes out of Japan, but I can't stand it.

:hmph:

That depends on whether you simply think it's super cute or whether you are harbouring an unrequited love for her. Unless I'm misinformed about the terms?

That depends on whether you simply think it's super cute or whether you are harbouring an unrequited love for her. Unless I'm misinformed about the terms?

For your edification.

Don't you feel enriched?

Moe is very subjective and personal, it's a point of much debate in the anime community.

Here's an entire episode of a podcast about it, if you're crazy enough to listen.

I am incapable of reading the word "moe" without thinking of this guy:

H0NUW.gif

Moe, the bully from Calvin & Hobbes.

I dunno, it sounded like he was talking about particles rather than voxels as such. It would be pretty silly if he forgot some important aspect of the technology while talking in these extreme terms about revolution and whatnot.

g0gXt.jpg

Well, other than not using the word, it sounds like voxels to me. There's probably some neat technical thing they're doing that makes it technically not voxels, but I'll be calling it voxels until they come up with a cool, fresh name for it, like PowerPixels™ or trupiXL™. You know they will.

OUTCAST REFERENCE DETECTED

Outcast was such an awesome game! Jesus Christ.

It's not voxels, but point cloud. They have a lot of similarities, except that point clouds have a much higher level of detail and don't have the usual voxel rendering artifacts (jaggies).

There are quite some point cloud rendering engines, and so far they all have the same problem: only works on preprocessed static data. So, no dynamic lighting, no animation, no deformation, etc. in real time.

It's not voxels, but point cloud. They have a lot of similarities, except that point clouds have a much higher level of detail and don't have the usual voxel rendering artifacts (jaggies).

How are they rasterized, then, if there are no artifacts?