Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

I saw this short clip years ago on late night TV and for no reason I remembered it tonight. So I thought I'd share.

PWboYCIUJfI&fmt=18

An early mainstream TV sketch by Paul Kaye (better known for his celebrity craphound,

):

jSBSzCJPLfo

L.B. Rayne's long lost Star Wars ballad, originally intended for use in Empire Strikes Back....

IwnIvkOO9Ik

Lyrics

I spent a cold dark life alone on Dantooine,

Hoping to find a girl who showed what true love meaned.

You're a princess in the fight, but Leia you're the queen of my dreams.

And now my heart's alive but I'm not really in the mood for talking,

Cause I'm Skywalking...

Although I'm short for trooping, tonight you'll feel a storm so long it's shocking,

As we're Skywalking...

We'll be Skywalking, oh...

I know you're scared, I heard you say "This isn't right",

The other man you had is froze in carbonite.

With the Empire's base in sight,

The Rebels have to leave by tonight.

Your eyes are a beam, the fire ignites...

And now we're all alone, and I unplugged the phone. Hear? No one's knocking,

Let's try Skywalking...

Champagne and candlelight, my saber's burning bright.

The music's rocking,

Almost Skywalking...

Soon we'll be Skywalking...

I'll gently kiss your lips, Lando gave some tips while we were talking,

'Cause he's gone Skywalking.

My love's a rocket ship, open your port 'cause soon I will be docking.

Now we're Skywalking...

Yeah we're Skywalking, through the sky.

You and I...

Beautiful... and yet sinister.

There was this collaborative music project with multiple YouTube videos that you can mix together, but I forgot the URL so watch this instead:

_MdJ0YvlUqU

There was this collaborative music project with multiple YouTube videos that you can mix together, but I forgot the URL so watch this instead:

_MdJ0YvlUqU

As I often say since the very beginning of the internet: You'd have to be completely dumb or Japanese to do that kind of stuff.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzOnyb21E1g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzOnyb21E1g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This made me laugh more than anything else this week. I think I'm messed up.

Elegant and fascinating:

You can read about how Pixel City was made on the creator's website.

Now all we have to do is create some gameplay mechanics that are based on a random city generator, depending on the rate at which this thing can actually generate stuff.

Now all we have to do is create some gameplay mechanics that are based on a random city generator...

Say the player was to plant a tree. :molyneuxsmall:

Say the player was to plant a tree.

Could you develop this idea ?

Say the player walks around as a dog :molyneuxsmall: and has to pee on everything in a randomly generated city... And you, as the dog, have to make your owner pay the biggest fine possible...

You'd have to go around and try to find cops, shit on the sidewalk and run as fast as you can (button smashing involved) to keep your owner from collecting your dump...

We got a starter here, I would play that game, could be hilarious, but I see no need of a randomly generated city, could be a pain-like game...

Now all we have to do is create some gameplay mechanics that are based on a random city generator, depending on the rate at which this thing can actually generate stuff.

Introversion, makers of Darwinia, are working on a top-secret project with this sort of procedural generation at its core.

Introversion, makers of Darwinia, are working on a top-secret project with this sort of procedural generation at its core.

I think I'm going to like it :)

Have you tried Multiwinia ? Haven't tried it but I loved Darwinia.

Have you tried Multiwinia ? Haven't tried it but I loved Darwinia.

I was apparently born without the part of the human brain capable of enjoying Darwinia. I don't know why, but I just haven't enjoyed it at all the few times I've tried. And I really wanted to as well. :hmph:

I was apparently born without the part of the human brain capable of enjoying Darwinia. I don't know why, but I just haven't enjoyed it at all the few times I've tried. And I really wanted to as well. :hmph:

You'd have to have a lot of maternal instinct would be my lead... So here you have it, grind your maternal instincts and you won't be able to leave your darwinians on their own. It might also refrain you from yelling "Can't you find out what to do by yourselves you morons !?".

Side effects might include urges to play the Sims and Nintendogs, your call.