Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

This is one bad-ass six minute video.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpkjtWuPs8&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpkjtWuPs8&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Makes me wish I had any emotional connection to the way games used to look.

Finally deciding to add RPS to my daily reading list is quickly paying off.

Nds1T7U9FqY&

This video makes me ashamed to be a gamer. When I finally see how we really are through the prism of TV, I have no choice but admit that we're all hopeless in need of help.

Thank god for Law & Order for showing us all the dangerous reality of our dirty gaming addiction.

RZlQkzYjs-g

Actually, thinking about it. YOU'RE the ones in need of help! I CAN QUIT ANY TIME I WANT!

(This may well be the clip of the millennium.)

This video makes me ashamed to be a gamer. When I finally see how we really are through the prism of TV, I have no choice but admit that we're all hopeless in need of help.

Thank god for Law & Order for showing us all the dangerous reality of our dirty gaming addiction.

RZlQkzYjs-g

Actually, thinking about it. YOU'RE the ones in need of help! I CAN QUIT ANY TIME I WANT!

(This may well be the clip of the millennium.)

They got the license for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system but not an actual video game? Sweet.

Doesn't make me ashamed so much as it makes me feel sad that some old people actually think it's like that. Also:

ZbxwtEKpEL4

Doesn't make me ashamed so much as it makes me feel sad that some old people actually think it's like that.

"Old people"? I'm sure the person who wrote that episode probably isn't that much older than me. Also, what makes me sad is your obvious denial of your gaming addiction. People like you (and me) make me sick!

At some point you have to wonder if they make these depictions of gamers preposterous on purpose. Dude plays a battle in second life with a calculator.

Also, that episode of Law & Order has been co-produced by Speed Weed.

ord4faH5rXs

Had to happen sooner or later, I suppose.

The last half a page makes me sad/angry. I'm not entirely sure which, because I'm too busy with MineCraft. . .

Fuck.

hu57AM5Yans

Boris the Combat Sheep. The first of an army?!

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpkjtWuPs8&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpkjtWuPs8&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

I only just got around to watching that.

Jesus, that is a hardcore video. Apart from all the awesome I won't even try to comment on, the music influence is god damn amazing. Here's the end credits song in it's entirety. Despite it's crazy levels of "Japanesity" it's strangely great.

xYlWKR-0KCs

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

That was sweet, but it a nerdy way I was sort of annoyed at how (stereoscopic) 3D was contrasted to everything other than "perfect CGI" 3D , and lumped together as "8 bit" when clearly most of the sweet stuff was in the style of 90s 32bit "we just got a CGI machine!" CGI platformers like Abe's Oddysee. Anyway, it was sweet.

edit: Quote FAIL

So i've been checking out that YMCK band, they have several albums full of crazy chiptune music, plus, their album artwork is awesome.

For example.

racing.jpggenesis.jpgsongbook.jpg

Annoying hipsters*, average song, all made using iPhones... not a bad video! :tup:

NAllFWSl998

(There shouldn't have been so many cuts, it made it look fake.)

* - Yes, even I'm jumping on the band wagon. *sigh*