Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Where is everyone?

What the hell has happened here? The boards are dead! Are you all on Steam or something?

Hi, I no longer have internet access in London and only one person showed up (besides me) for the London meet-up: I'm also crying in the shower.

First, there were the Olympics, then I got a freakin' interesting yet tiring day job.Most of all, I don't feel that I've got a lot of interesting things to say about games recently. Except, of course, that Crysis on Delta is awesome and that dynamic stories are stories are coming to games but most studio will fuck it up, I tell you.

I've been too busy crying in the shower.

Wait, what-man wouldn't be this miserable! Get a hold of yourself!

Wait, what-man wouldn't be this miserable!

What's what-man? What?

Oh that what-man.

I like the cosplay audition one best. Shame the Boy Marek wasn't in that one (unless he's in the box!)

Well, over the month of August I've been producing my graphic novel Quelle Horreur, which is now aaaaaalmost finished. It was a huge job, but I'll hold a 100 page book in my hands in a few weeks, to sell on conventions.

Rermind me to start a little earlier next time, so that I'm not forced to poop out 4 pages a day :gaming:

That said, I'm pretty happy with how it's shaping up. I'll post something on it here when it's done.

(Oh, Spaff is excellent as MR TOP GUN =D)

I just got back from two weeks away from home last night. One weekend at the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival in BC, the rest of the time visiting various siblings across Southern Ontario and seeing my younger sister safely to her new residence at the University of Waterloo. Trip over, I'm back. Expect my usual degree of non-contribution to resume.

I've been here. Just standing here. Right here, next to you.

I haven't posted anything in quite a long while though. My life just isn't interesting enough to warrant sharing it with people the other side of an ocean

Edited by BooJaka
because I'm a comedian, alright?

Today was my last of work for the summer. I really liked the place and I'm glad I can probably go back next summer.

The uni starts soon and I have slight problems with course planning. Hopefully the lecturer answers my email soon so I don't have to live in uncertainty.

All good, though.

I forgot to mention I was busy committing suicide.

Also the last game I finished was Snake's Revenge and Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise, so although I love reading everything you guys write and I make notes and lists of a lot of things you guys recommend to play on a later, I simply have nothing to add.

I've been whoring myself more than usual at work and then taken just over two weeks holiday in France with Mrs V and the Vanians (which was great). There's not been much I've been excited about either, gaming-wise, in the last month or more, so I've been playing very little lately.

But now having Gran Tourismo 2 emulated on PSP is proving dangerously addictive. It's not perfect, as you can't use the analogue nub for input, but it still works well using the D-pad and face buttons.

I also just bought Geometry Wars Evolved 2 this morning which, going by just over an hour's first impressions, looks seriously addictive. :gaming:

I'm also waiting on the imminent arrival of Too Human, which I pre-ordered last week. But it seems to have gotten delayed in the post somewhere, rather aggravatingly. :(

I'm taking a plane to Scotland on Wednesday! And I'll be staying in Glasgow until May...

I just had a really nice going away party where I got a lot of really sweet (as in cute) stuff I really hadn't expected. A lot of fun. Also marks the end of a short but sweet relationship :( I'm pretty teary-eyed right now. I guess tomorrow's shower will be of the crying sort.

I'm in college!! Wooo!

Arrived Tuesday.

I think I'm on the younger end of the Idle Forums spectrum, and many of you have all been through this. I'm still finding my sea legs and haven't been online much.

I envy you. Starting college is thoroughly fantastic experience.

Meh, I'm only three years ahead of you myself. You'd be what, 18? 19? Old enough to get into a bar around here, which I usually use as my guideline for when to stop caring about somebody's age.

For the record, I'm 20, which I'm certain puts me on the young side as well, but who cares? Grats on starting college. What are you taking?

Yeah, 18. We're really not so different, you and I. Except I can't legally drink, although to be honest, it doesn't make much of a difference on campus.

I have no direction in life at the moment, so I pretty much just chose things that had as little to do with each-other as possible.

-Modern Chinese Film

-Intro to Psych

-Intro to Programming

-Intro to Experimental Music

I would just like to add that if you are thinking about working in the game industry, you should really banish that thought immediately. Instead, think about how happy you would be just being a traffic warden, or maybe a turd miner. Those are good, solid jobs. The pay might be low but you'll be so much less likely to have all hopes, dreams, soul, et al crushed by The Man.

I'm going back to the shower now.

Haha. I'm not, actually. I'm just trying to get a full-round education, and I figure programming is the only math course I'm remotely interested in.

Again, I have no clue where my education will take me. Ideally, in ten years, I'll be happily drawing and writing things that will be simultaneously and instantly turned into every imaginable form of commercial media and I'll be rolling in heaps of cash.

:getmecoat

For now, I'll be content to stay a "student".