toblix

Beyond Better & Evil!

Yeah, beyond the single (static) shot of Jade, I'm not sure there's anything that points to BG&E. It looks cool, but it seems unlikely that Ancel & Co would ditch the world they created in favour of real-life India.

Well, even the first teaser with the broken vehicle, Jade and Pey'j hinted that things would get yellow and brown at least at some point of the game.

But anyways, this kind of desert town is only going to be one planet in the game, didn't Ancel say already ages ago that he wants BG&E2 to be what the first one never could be, so different planets and space travel etc.

I don't mean that it's brown, I mean that it's just India with English.

They had that leaked proof of concept video that was around e3 a few years ago. It's still on YouTube and looks pretty killer.

It was for an iteration of the game that was probably scrapped at this point but looked like a fantastic idea so hopefully it doesn't go too far in a different direction.

The same thing happened with the original. While I wouldn't go so far as to say that the footage that they first showed of it looked nothing like the final product, it was a drastically different game. It's completely pointless trying to guess what BG&E 2 is going to look or be like.

I loved the first 95% of BG&E, but the final plot twists were so completely dumb, so completely at odds with the rest of the game, I sort of rage-un-installed the game as soon as the credits rolled and have very little enthusiasm for a sequel.

Before BG&E, I wouldn't have believed it was possible for a game I enjoyed that much to be ruined that thoroughly (for me) by a bad ending.

On a contradictory note, am I the only one who looks at the artwork at the top of the idle Forums and wishes it was the concept art for a BG&E sequel?

On a contradictory note, am I the only one who looks at the artwork at the top of the idle Forums and wishes it was the concept art for a BG&E sequel?

I wish it was the concept art for something, not sure if a BGE sequel in particular.