Sign in to follow this  
Dr Edison 007

Screw Barack Obama

I'm really pissed about the fact this dude is probably taking the dem ticket. He stands for nothing except abstract ideas like "change" and "U.S. Unity." Say something real pussy. Didn't vote for Iraq, fuck you you even said you would have. What about the Jena 6 what about Mumia abu Jamal or H. Rap say something that matters for black people, uncle tom. if he gets elected he won't be the first black president, he's just about as goddamn cracker as the rest. And don't get me started on that big business, anti-proletariat ho hilary.

And don't get me started on that big business, anti-proletariat ho hilary.
No, please, go on.

I'm sorry, Mr. Edison, but we use grown-up language here instead of curse-filled diatribes like a fourteen-year-old. If you have something interesting to say, say it in a way that doesn't insult everyone's age here.

Obama seems to have the most support from the rest of the world. From this side of the atlantic he looks like the best bet.

Also, what would you like the first black president to be like? Some guy with an afro, gold chains and a bucket of cajun chicken? Berating a black person for not being black enough is... well it's not good.

sorry for the profanity children, i'll try to tone it down.

But your lying to yourself if you think Barack cares at all about blacks, have you ever heard him talk about helping us besides his overly-idealistic musings on the inner goodness of people? He's going to be able to do nothing to end racism, but that is me being too idealistic, the only way a president could end racism is to eliminate the capitalist system. And, I don't mean this in the way they aim to do, by making the world a Stalinist one state system (look it up, it started with the introduction of the income tax.) With people divided at race, religion, etc. the odds of a people's revolution are basically nil. Sorry to go Karl Marx on everyone.

I have my doubts that another president will enter for a while anyway. What am I getting at, . The occurrence of a new 9/11 could once again have the masses enraptured by fear and in this key moment the president could grant himself the right to stay in office until he sees fit. Considering that the U.S. is now involved in covert operations to dismantle Iran's government, this is not all that unlikely to happen if Ahmedinejad wants to retaliate or if Bush's regime wants to fake another attack so they can make another mad power grab, as they did at 9/11.

The only candidate who has any real prospects for change is Ron Paul, also the only candidate, whose politics are based solely on upholding the US Constitution, who I personally believe will resist powers pining for a new world order. Plus he's from Pittsburg, yeah local boy.

I feel kind of dirty throwing in a plug for a candidate, but I honestly feel he is the only hope, and is far closer in ideology to King than Obama is. Being part of the African diaspora in North America is not the only factor someone should consider when comparing two men, American news media.

Well, your rant isn't going to make me vote for anyone other than Obama this Tuesday, the same way a 30-some-odd approval rating isn't going to keep this president in office one moment longer than he needs to be.

Obama seems to have the most support from the rest of the world. From this side of the atlantic he looks like the best bet. [/Quote]

Hopefully, this side of the atlantic agrees.

But I'm really not all that politically active, I don't want to get carried away talking about things I don't know as well as I'm sure I could...

(:tommy::tommy::tommy:).

I think I'll stick to games from now on. :grin:

Obama '08 :tup:

But your lying to yourself if you think Barack cares at all about blacks, have you ever heard him talk about helping us besides his overly-idealistic musings on the inner goodness of people? He's going to be able to do nothing to end racism, but that is me being too idealistic, the only way a president could end racism is to eliminate the capitalist system. And, I don't mean this in the way they aim to do, by making the world a Stalinist one state system (look it up, it started with the introduction of the income tax.) With people divided at race, religion, etc. the odds of a people's revolution are basically nil. Sorry to go Karl Marx on everyone.

I have my doubts that another president will enter for a while anyway. What am I getting at, . The occurrence of a new 9/11 could once again have the masses enraptured by fear and in this key moment the president could grant himself the right to stay in office until he sees fit. Considering that the U.S. is now involved in covert operations to dismantle Iran's government, this is not all that unlikely to happen if Ahmedinejad wants to retaliate or if Bush's regime wants to fake another attack so they can make another mad power grab, as they did at 9/11.

The only candidate who has any real prospects for change is Ron Paul, also the only candidate, whose politics are based solely on upholding the US Constitution, who I personally believe will resist powers pining for a new world order. Plus he's from Pittsburg, yeah local boy.

I feel kind of dirty throwing in a plug for a candidate, but I honestly feel he is the only hope, and is far closer in ideology to King than Obama is. Being part of the African diaspora in North America is not the only factor someone should consider when comparing two men, American news media.

Oh shit, you are one of those New World Order people?! Sigh. Racism is somehow inherent to capitalism? Income tax is the first step onto a slippery slope to Stalinism (what the fuck!?)? But whatever, you mentioned NWO, so no one should even bother.

It sounds like you've been reading digg.com too much, or hanging out with the wrong people. Maybe you've gotten mixed up in too many conspiracy theories and big ideas. Maybe it would be best if you didn't vote. :shifty:

(For the record, I believe 9/11 could have been a false flag operation, and probably was. I'm just letting you know so you don't have to go "you just don't see it, man" on me or anything.)

;)

the only way a president could end racism is to eliminate the capitalist system. And, I don't mean this in the way they aim to do, by making the world a Stalinist one state system (look it up, it started with the introduction of the income tax.)

Read Foucault's Pendulum, by Umberto Eco. It's a great book.

Oh. It's one of those Ron Paul supporters I've heard about lurking on the internet. I always thought they were mythical creatures like Big Foot or Jesus, but apparently they do exist.

End racism! Vote for another white old guy.

Ron Paul's the unofficial internet candidate, right?

I always assumed the internet would be held at ransom in exchange for Ron Paul's candidacy. :grin: We've never had a digital coup, have we...

I prefer Obama to Clinton, and am voting in my state's primary; I'm not sorry. That said, Mrs. Clinton is certainly not a "ho".

:fart: at trying to hold political discussions like this on an internet forum for games. Edison, you're definitely entitled to your beliefs and all that stuff, but your approach is pretty much the antithesis of productive right off the bat. Besides that, I'm pretty sure most of the folks that post here regularly are outside the US, so I'm not sure if you're trying to sway people, find like-minded people, or just vent.

Also:

your lying
WTF :blink:

Unlike the typical non-friendly 'Thumbs response you've gotten from everyone else here, I see your points and agree with you... or at least your reasons for not wanting Obama in power. He's obviously thinking he'll get the black votes in America, which could really be a good thing for him, but he's also staying away from black issues to keep the white voters interested (ie. he's not all about race). It's a tricky balance if you're really serious about wanting to get into power, I suppose. I do hope he's thinking he will do something about racism and ignorance in America if he gets in to power, but he'd have to be very clever if he was to succeed, I think.

Like you say, the end of racism is not likely to happen any time soon (that was your point, I believe), but hopefully a good President could increase understanding and eliminate some of that dreadful "whites have it worse in America" attitude that has grown from ignorance. It was a horrible thing to witness from white people when I lived there; the honest belief that minorities have it better in the US. (Yeah, because the all of the black and Latino areas are paradise compared to everywhere else?!) But you've got to approach it without emotion or judgement and honestly ask what has made some white people feel that that in the first place, and then learn and deal with those issues rather than just saying "you're wrong".

I have no idea what type of President Obama would make in the long run, but let's hope he makes some good decisions if he does get into power.

Bush has pretty much ruined America's reputation and the world's economy, after all.

I just realised what a naive thing it is to really hope for and expect an end to racism. That's like expecting there not being any bastards anymore in the future. Of course there will be. And of course they'll grab race, and any other easy means, to bully other people.

Oh ho, "You Think You Can Be a President?" is gearing up now. It's all over the newspapers. Norwegian newspapers. For Norwegians who can't vote. And I'm sick of it. As long as whoever becomes president doesn't interfere with Norway, I don't give a fuck about who wins.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Eventually all democracy to take the form of the X-Factor, and we will have some Jade Goody type ruling us all ;(

Hey Mr. Edison, how're you feeling now?

I don't think he was ever planning on coming back.

What's this resurrection about? Is there some sort of new type of presidential race show created by Endemol?

Well I hope he's not coming back because I thought this was a new thread and accidentally banned him yesterday.