Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

Who is feeling stressed from Christmas?

It seems to me that the streets are filled with more aggressive, angrier, tenser people than usual... and I can't help but feel Xmas is to blame - It's so bloody stressful!

Is anyone else feeling the extra stress from this jolly time of year?

I always do my shopping in the first week of December so I'm relatively stress free. I'm also in a unique position where I don't have to organise/cook anything so I don't feel the pressure from any of that either.

On the other hand though I kind of wish I did have some kind of stress happening right now since I've been home from Uni for a week and I don't really have a lot to do except watch Deal or No Deal. It's Scrooge Vs Santa week...:fart:

The only stressful thing about Christmas for me is buying the presents. I usually do that for my family only, though, and they aren't very picky so it isn't that bad.

Apart from that, Christmas is very peaceful time of year, as I don't have to worry about university stuff for a while and I can just play, read and watch tv.

My family go for simple Christmases, so no stress here really. Needing to pick up a couple of late gifts was annoying because town is full of meandering, slack-jawed dawdlers, but it's over now. All that remains is to see friends and family, eat, and play games :tup:

My full (drum kit and all) Rock Band kit arrived yesterday, and since then I've been at my mum's house playing with her, her boyfriend, my girlfriend, my sister, her boyfriend, and my grandmother all rotating on instruments and having fun. Everyone is here, everyone is playing together and laughing a bunch. I'm a little anxious about what the girl and my sister think of the things I got them, as I'm not the best at buying for the opposite gender, but I think I'll do fine. Life is good.

And drinking heavily is good too. I just turned 20 on Wednesday and the party was massive (filled up the whole bar!) and incredibly fun. Nothing like a huge birthday party to kill off some stress.

I always end up having one present left to find right at the end. Seeing as I'm working half of today and just recently had my WoW accoutn reactivated I guess I'll be wondering arround tomorrow looking for it.

:tdown:

I wouldn't say I'm stressed though, as this happens every year and I've learnt to expect it. Also like lots of others, Christmas is largely about drinking fancy booze for me which good. And I had an early Christmas with a friend who has gone back to her parents for the next few days, so I got some presents early!

:tup:

I'm not stressed at all. I can't wait. All my family and Spaff's family are going to merge into one super-family. Choas and love will ensue, hopefully with a little dash of hilarity. Presents will fly everywhere and cuddles will be evenly dispersed throughout the the festive season. Whiskey and wine and port will be consumed, and nobody will be allowed to leave our house until they are 10lbs heavier than when they came in. Little sisters will get tired and cranky and sulk. Mummies will sit and discuss motherly things. Cats will try and find dark safe places to sleep, away from the grabby hands of young children. It's going to be totally awesome :)

I'm not particularly stressed, though circumstances forced my hand in having to shop for some presents on this shopping sunday. Let me be frank; where normally large crowds draw little more than amused loathing from me, now I was tempted to go on a killing spree -being in my opinion the only proper way to cope with such a lumbering mass of zombies packed together.

Little sisters will get tired and cranky and sulk. Mummies will sit and discuss motherly things. Cats will try and find dark safe places to sleep, away from the grabby hands of young children.

May I borrow these awesome sentences and make them my new sig ?

Well, I've done my last minute shopping. Strangely the crowds don't seem to bother me any more, possibly because the I feel the way described above all year round :P

I've been drinking heavily for the past week. I think that helps with the stress.

Hurrah for that sentiment!

I passed out at 9PM last night and woke up at 2AM, thirsty and somehow bored (the first time I have ever woken up feeling bored ever).

I cracked open a bottle of Jim Beam and have been drinking for about 7 hrs now while trying to beat Beautiful Katamari, Stranglehold on Hard Boiled settings along with a little Condemned: Criminal Origins (so as to fulfill one of the back log of games I need to finish).

Might go back to bed at about midday and ignore Los Angeles until I have to go back to work in two days time. Life is being too kind.

I'm not stressed, but I find myself inconceivably bored at my parents' place. I brought my laptop and a PSP, some books and CDs, but it's not doing the trick. Also, it's cold in the basement. I already received a duplicate gift (what am I going to do with two copies of "The Road"). The TV is currently occupied with a DVD screening of "Hair". My sister's gone out to her boyfriend's, which is, coincidentally, where here PS2 is. And Guitar Hero. Blahhhumbug. :fart:

Well, I woke up today feeling utter shit, have been hacking up a lung all day and got a call from work at 4:30 this evening telling me that (despite it not being on the schedule) I'd been put on for this evening's shift. Naturally, I said that no one had told me early enough in advance and they could bugger off, but that didn't help my mood all that much.

Still quite happy though. Got everything I needed to pick up for people and hopefully this cold will pass before New Year's. I can cough a bit around the tree with my family, but I want to feel better when the time comes to party.