Wrestlevania

What are you waiting for?

In my opinion, the song just fit the trailer so well. The part where the tune gets mixed with the wind and noises of the post-apocalyptic street-life hit me like bus full of priests.

My only complaint about the teaser is that it should have ended a bit sooner.

Waiting for Overlord... it will be released today.

I'm not sure about GTA4.. the environment/story looks more serious that the previous games. But then again, a shit load of people will buy it no matter what.

Also, a rather late comment on GTA4: is it me or is Eastern Europeanism/Former Soviet stuff the "in" thing at the moment? STALKER, GTA4, errr, other's I cant recall right now.

It's not new per se, Rusian characters have been appearing in games for years, like Vlad in Max Payne. Even so the grittiness often imparted from a soveit bloc focus seems like a popular direction at the moment; I dont think this particlar zeitgeist wave has broken yet.

Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to GTAIV. The two reasons I got a PSP were Mizuguchi and GTA, so it's a given that I'm a huge fan of the series.

Also on the lookout for Mario Strikers, Zak and Wiki, and wondering when I'll finally get around to buying Forza 2 so I can make some nice paint jobs.

i'm still looking forward to pokemon pearl. that's what i get for living in a third world country. :violin: otherwise all the games i want to play are out, but just not out on the right console yet, or i can't afford them. our new flatmate just moved in and in the luckiest of circumstances every single game he owns we already have. except red steel. hah.

now i'm depressed.

It's not new per se, Rusian characters have been appearing in games for years, like Vlad in Max Payne. Even so the grittiness often imparted from a soveit bloc focus seems like a popular direction at the moment; I dont think this particlar zeitgeist wave has broken yet.

Definitely. It's a lot more fucking interesting than your established protaganist stereotypes, although it'll likely be engrained in the canon very shortly at this rate.

I'm certainly looking forward to GTA4 for it's characters and story.

Hmm... what does that mean for Half-Life 2 and its post-Soviet eastern Europe setting? Valve's just way ahead of the curve?

I'm mostly waiting for:

Fallout 3

GTA4

BioShock

Half-Life 2 Ep. 2 & Portal

Assassin's Creed

Also:

Spore

Mass Effect

Something good for the Wii (I'm not sure that I really like anything that's already been announced)