Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Heroes in a half shell

I had a play of the TMNT demo and it's actually really good! The demo has some crap time limit that I haven't quite figured out yet, but it seems the faster you go through the level the more time you get ¬¬

Has a nice selection of moves, you can switch between the 4 characters and there's some cool team moves for fighting and getting about. Also a nice bullet time mode that triggers when you beat lots of people up.

I suggest giving it a play if you've nothing better to do, I think I may get this game :tup:

Or get this one! Dear god I hope it's true.

But yeah, will definitely take a look at the demo of the game based on the movie. I was completely indifferent about it until I heard it was being done by the guys that did the newer Prince of Persia games.

Lies! Raphael ftw!

Also it's worth leaving the demo for a bit to see the rolling demo thingy :)

I'm hoping the new TMNT on the GBA will mimic Turtles in Time somewhat. That screenshot that got leaked looked amazing.

I'm a Donatello fan myself. Raph always scared me a bit. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much, but the fact that he uses close-range, bladed weapons coupled with the fact that he's the turtle with anger management issues just says to me that he loves goring things and letting innards gush over his forearms. Hell, when he lost one of his sai it was a huge plot point for the first movie. He's just too attached to the damn things. I find this obsession with his sai and propensity for goring a touch unsettling.

As for the game, I'll be giving it a try in the near future. I haven't played a TMNT game since Turtles in Time, so if it's worth a run I'm interested.

Lies! Raphael ftw!

:)

I thought you were a Michaelangelo fan, you crazy party guy. I always imagined that were Mikey human, he'd be fat.

I'm a Michaelangelo fan, personally.

When I was a kid, I once made some nunchucks out of a length of fine plastic chain, a couple of fencing nails* and a broom handle sawn in half. I was the envy of every other kid in my area for about 4 whole days. :tup:

* They're like regular nails, but U-shaped.

I had a Donatello puppet, does that count?

Also, his weapon was always the best. It was basically just a stick. Kind of like he really didn't need a weapon to fight Shredder but he also didn't want to be left out

I am also a Donatello fan, I didn't realise he had such a following! :D

I always tend to like the science guy though....

(Leonardo is too preachy, Raphael too tough guy and Michaelangelo is too "cool")

I suppose I'm the only fan of Leonardo... I know he was a bit uptight, but he had two huge Katanas. That is badass as far as I'm concerned.

I like that in the first episode of the original cartoon, Raphael stabs a foot soldier in the chest with his sais, and then quips "Clang? Did you say CLANG?" when he hits him.

He was expecting him to go "squish"! How awesome is Raph!!

Donatello used to be my preferred Turtle, but after looking back at them and seeing how much of a whiny sourpuss he is, I've switched alligance to Raphael. Everyone knows that he gets all the best lines.

Although I'll be racing for Donatello in the arcade game though - longest reach.

I like that in the first episode of the original cartoon, Raphael stabs a foot soldier in the chest with his sais, and then quips "Clang? Did you say CLANG?" when he hits him.

He was expecting him to go "squish"! How awesome is Raph!!

See my earlier point. Raph is a bit too psychotic for me to really feel comfortable having him as a kid's show hero. In the older comics, fine. But they were all badass there. Having the other three toned down to just having fun and fighting evil and Raph out there looking for a good "squish" makes him a tad frightening.

* They're like regular nails, but U-shaped.

I always thought those were called "staples." :hah:

I'm having a hard time remembering who my absolute favorite was, but I think (in the cartoon anyway) it was Leonardo. It should be noted, however, that Michaelangelo was a party dude.

All your ninja turtle fandom can not compete with this fan

Skip to the end, omg! What is that singing about? If you can call it singing :o

Was that thing male or female?

I couldn't tell before I poked myself in the eyes...

I was offered a Teenage Mutant Turtle costume at Christmas when I was something like 8 or 9 : geez, it was the first gift I unwarped in the morning and I went to play with it literally for hours before returning to see what was left.

I think it was Michaelangelo's costume, with the nunchaku and whatnot; it even had a plastic turtle shell and 'two toes' socks... I should check in the photo album; to see if I remember it right.

I was Donatello for halloween one year. I think I was 7 or 8. Probably 7. My friend's older brother had an obsession with Eastern weapons and had made a bunch of them out of wood. As Don's weapon is a staff anyway, I got to use a (ahem) "real" one. I had as authentic an outfit as a 7 year old in Southern Ontario could get his hands on. Damn I was proud of that costume.

I should check in the photo album; to see if I remember it right.

Upload, upload!