Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

Hi everybody!

So anyway, I was typing the word "won't" and that weird thing hit me where I started to analyze the word and I realized that "won't" is one of the most nonsensical words we have. So anyway, I shall, from now on, use the word (contraction?) willn't in its stead.

I also like video games. I have a ps3 and a pc because I didn't want to pay for LIVE. My favorite game right now is driving around Liberty City while listening to podcasts. (On my Zune, not ingame podcasts. Though they really should have those. I mean the talk radio stations get boring really quickly once you hear the same thing a majillion times.) Also, yes, I have a Zune and a PS3. I like fighting losing battles in regards to my technology, evidently.

Oh yeah, also I play a lot of CIV IV.

EDIT: Dammit, its not it's.

Edited by colonelKWODIAN

So anyway, I shall, from now on, use the word (contraction?) willn't in it's stead.

No you willn't.

I loved that game. I like how they have him spending most of his time collecting lanterns and avoiding touching spikes, just like in his movies.

Anyway, hello. When I'm not posting on forums and listening to excellent podcasts, I make video games. Traditionally, quite poor ones, but recently much better ones.

So did you work at Circle? I remember interviewing someone from there back in my Shacknews days. (http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=41)

So did you work at Circle? I remember interviewing someone from there back in my Shacknews days. (http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=41)

Yeah, I know Oli really well. It was a real shame Circle went under. It was one of those places which just felt like it had so much potential, with a load of really great people, but it never quite came together when it came to the actual games.

To be honest though, in retrospect, much as I liked the place, spending my 30th birthday making an E3 demo of Without Warning was probably a bit of a waste of time.

So anyway, I shall, from now on, use the word (contraction?) willn't in its stead.

You could say "shan't," which is an actual word.

this is the first forum I've created an account for in a loooooong time, usually I just stick to the NeoGAF.

So, uh, hi!

If you say any word to yourself over and over it begins to sound unusual. I don't see why you've singled out 'won't' over 'blanket' for instance.

If you say any word to yourself over and over it begins to sound unusual.

I see you've suffered under the mind-warping mantle of at least one data entry job as well then..? :frusty:

I see you've suffered under the mind-warping mantle of at least one data entry job as well then..? :frusty:

This actually just happened to me as I typed a post with the word wizard in it.

Wizard.

The Wizard.

I kept looking at it and thinking it was spelled completely wrong or something.

Also, welcome new people.

this is the first forum I've created an account for in a loooooong time, usually I just stick to the NeoGAF.

So, uh, hi!

Sup!

If you say any word to yourself over and over it begins to sound unusual. I don't see why you've singled out 'won't' over 'blanket' for instance.

I think he's objecting to how much it differs from the word combination it's supposedly contracting: "will not" does not contain the letters or phonemes of "won't" in order. But the word clearly has an etymology that makes sense when set against the context of the language at the time, so yes, it is fairly arbitrary.

As ordered, uh... hello!

[Attempts to look harmless and not at all insane]

...VIDEO GAM-oh balls the jig is up!

[Runs away]

Hey,

I've never really been on a forum before but over the last few months I've been playing a lot more video games, and since most of my friends don't play many games this course seemed natural.

So Hi there!

Hey everyone.

I've been listening to the podcast since around number 11 or so (the one with the Killzone song), and lurking the forums for a while.

I've been coming back a lot more recently since the downloadable content thread, and the blog, so thought I'd register and join in.

So.. Hi all.

I've lurked for a while after listening to pods that were casted.

The short description: Norwegian, dude, 1978 model. Hobbies include video games and general geekery. My gaming heritage is C64/Amiga and not the consoles, what remins are fond memories of strange games, and I've mostly suppressed my envy of those with their fancy NES consoles. At the moment my gaming mostly happens on the PC and to some extent the xbox 360.

Hey, everyone!

I've never been a member of a forum before, but I dig the 'cast and thought I'd join in the good times.

I promise to make every effort to not break forum-irritating etiquette rules or generally be a complete twit.

so.. Hi!!!

Whee!!

Hey people!

These are the reasons why I joined:

1. I hear the cast.

2. I see chat to do stuff?

3. I play games.

Hi

I play video games on the tv but then sometimes I play them on the computer. Then there are the situations where I play them on a sort of handheld device.

Hi All,

Just heard about Idle Thumbs on the 1up boards, and it was said that your podcast is second to none, so thats why Im here. I also like talking about games, a lot. So much so, that I have a blog about it.

I really like the IT site, it looks spectacular, and the podcast, from what Ive listened to, is splendid as well.