Sign in to follow this  
Spaff

Eurogamer Xmas party.

Here is a nice picture of Me vs Eurogamer Editor Tom Bramwell in a Thumb War... which moments later I lost. But I wasn't putting any effort into it really so erm, shh. It wasn't a real thumb war anyways. And I was Drunk'd.

http://www.idlethumbs.net/screenshot.php?id=1770

The Eurogamer xmas party was drink fuelled mayhem, sponsored by NCsoft and Climax. More photos soon perhaps.

does the company you work for usually have a christmas party on christmas day or something?

I got identified several times as being simply "Spaff's Girlfriend" :hah:

I do appreciate that he's extremely handsome and popular... but nobody ever says, "Oh hi, I recognise you, you're Rusalka's Boyfriend!" ... it's a really one-sided thing...

Maybe I need to become more charismatic... I should make myself more noticable.... be louder...smarter... more aggressive... take on the world....

I don't know about you guys but Tim Schafer likes me a lot more than he likes you guys... that makes me instantly more popular, surely...

...I am hardcore... these people should respect me more... I am a nice person... they need to respect me....

Elmuerte you fag, don't act all surprised that our christmas party wasn't on christmas day. What, you think just because we work in the games industry and are geeks, we have nothing better to do on christmas day than hang out with co-workers? What workplace has a Christmas Party on CHRISTMAS DAY? Oh except the Hotel Industry because they have no friends except their co-workers who aren't even friends anyway, they're shag buddies because they have no lives outside their miserable jobs and can't find a partner who works similar random shifts to them so they end up just having multiple shag buddies instead.

Oh except the Hotel Industry because they have no friends except their co-workers who aren't even friends anyway, they're shag buddies because they have no lives outside their miserable jobs and can't find a partner who works similar random shifts to them so they end up just having multiple shag buddies instead.

I almost worked at a hotel once and I was really looking forward to that part.

Don't. It's inbred and pretty horrible, all told. It's the same working in pubs -- everyone pregressively swaps bodily fluids, then you start on the customers.

:barf:

To Spaff: :violin:

Just testing as to whether this is funny or not.

Am I hilarious

UPDATE: I do not understand the joke ;(

Shall I play a violin for myself...? ;(

Hotel work is great, I friend of mine worked in one and spent most of his times aviding the gossipy old ladies he worked with in between doing too much paper work and disposing of a sofa that some guy shot himself on while staying in the building...

Hang on, I might have been mistaken about the 'Hotel work is great' part. Mind you, beats working in a car park.

Spaff, I'm very disappointed, ex-babelites are reknowned for their thumbwar skills.

Sometimes I feel like a wandering Ronin thumb guy when I walk the streets, worried that some Toshiro Mifune type is going take me on using his right opposable (it is my stonger side, but marginaly shorter than my left).

I got very drunk at the party. Very drunk indeed. Seeing as I turned up fashionably late and had to play catch up.

When I left, instead of walking approximately 1 minute to the nearest taxi rank, I walked home in the rain and had a kebab. When I finally got home, soaking wet and probably smelling of chilli sauce, I put on Scarface and passed out. The only reason I know that I put Scarface on was because I woke up to the DVD menu looping with the volume up high. My flatmate was probably displeased.

Good party!

Are you reading a terrible lot into my late-night posting? Shall we just say a violin-playing smily is fun, no matter what?

Wasn't drunk myself or anything.

I was fine after the party.

Spaff introduced to me a guy at the end of the night. "Hi, this is Rusalka, my girlfriend," he said.

The guy leaned over to slur "hi rosanna" into my ear, and then kissed my cheek. Then he kissed my other cheek. Then he lurched towards my face with his mouth open... in front of Spaff, even. I evaded the illicit kiss using my finely trained illicit kiss evading skills, and gently pushed him back into his chair.

"Are you okay?" Another girl asked, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"You are so nice," he slurred, and kissed her hand, kissing his way all the way up her arm until he reached her shoulder and passed out.

It was amazing.

Maybe I need to become more charismatic... I should make myself more noticable.... be louder...smarter... more aggressive...

That is a most terrifying suggestion.