Spaff

What are you playing today?

The first Half-Life is superior to the sequel in many ways. The Xen bits are kinda awful, but everything up to then is the shit.

The first Half-Life is superior to the sequel in many ways. The Xen bits are kinda awful, but everything up to then is the shit.

So I hear, but I didn't have nearly as much fun playing it as I'm currently having with the sequel.

So I hear, but I didn't have nearly as much fun playing it as I'm currently having with the sequel.
That is odd.

I have really nothing to say on the subject. ;(

I have really nothing to say on the subject. ;(

I completely

agree

on that

subject

Bah, we all know that the Ukraine is simply a myth propagated by the liberal media.

:colbert:

Bah, we all know that the Ukraine is simply a myth propagated by the liberal media.

:colbert:

Much. Like. Your. Posting.

Wrestlevania and miffy, you've both said that dotstream was the bit generations game that attracted you the most and you seemed to understand the easiest. I feel a bit stupid - I don't understand in the slightest how it works. It looks very cool though. Could you explain what you have to do in it?

Also, Soundvoyager looks absolutely BRILLIANT. I'd love to play that.

I don't understand in the slightest how [dotstream] works.

OK, it's pretty simple (which is the core theme of bit Generations):

• You race from left to right against five other 'dots'.
  • You're always the second slowest to start each race, so you must use skill to take the shortest route to the finish and beat your opponents.
  • Every course is essentially linear, but littered with objects and chicanes which you must dodge.
  • When you turn, you slow down, so the idea is to alter your course as little as possible - in order to be fastest and win.
  • You cannot ride along an identical path to any of your opponents, because the 'stream' they leave behind forces you away from their path slightly.
  • You can, however, gain a speed boost by following an opponents' 'stream' as closely as possible - thus allowing you to catch up and overtake the leader.

As you can see, there are a few basic rules to take into account. But once you've got those down, winning is simply a question of raw skill (no blue shells here!). :gaming:

I've now gotten hold of Dialhex and Boundish, but haven't had the chance to play either yet. Once I have, I'll post my thoughts on those too.

NB: The rest of the bit Generations titles aren't out until later this year I believe.

Ohhhh, okay, that makes a lot more sense. I thought you had to control ALL the dots. Awesome. Dialhex instantly reminded me of Hexic - but it looks like it might not be as difficult.

I thought that the rest of 'em were out now? You can certainly get Soundvoyager from Play Asia.

But anyway, yes, please let us know about the rest of the series that you get. They all sound like pretty cool games.

Well, the other four games in the series come out today, so they did come out later. Just not much later. Lemme know what you think man. I ordered Orbital alongside Rhythm Tengoku (there's another thread about this game somewhere around here...) so it won't ship until August when that comes out. I would like to hear what the other 5 are like though. Any thoughts you have would be appreciated, Wrestlevania.

Ohhhh, okay, that makes a lot more sense. I thought you had to control ALL the dots.

Nah - think Tron but with bendy light trails which only displace you, rather than kill you outright.

Mind you, if you're cunning, you can set up your 'stream' so that chasing 'dots' are forced into other objects and crash...

I bought the Castlevania double pack (Castlevania harmony of dissonance + Castlevania aria of sorrow on 1 cartridge) for the GBA for just a little under 30 euro. Seems like a nice set of games so far. Also bought the Prince of Persia: the two thrones special edition, which came with Sands of time and warrior within aswell only for another 30 e. Only watched the intro thusfar, since the controls were acting up on pop:t2t.

Finished the evening with watching Lord of War. amazing movie. But that's for another topic :)

2nd go around of Beyond Good and Evil to get that bastarding MDisk I couldn't find last time (not the marble game, something...else ) - plus memories, and of course that deep-seated rage and frustration that sets in on getting to the end and realising you may never know what happens - always a good mix for an upcoming weekend. Maybe some Spiderman 2, just to tool around for my own amusement. If I'd got it for full price I'd be a sulky, annoyed camper who didn't want to do anything. For €10 I'd frame it and give it its own shelf.

2nd go around of Beyond Good and Evil

You're a regular sadist for willingly opting for a second run-through if you ask me... but good luck anyway. :deranged: