doremi

New spore video

Watching it now on gamespot. They're showcassing the creature editor. I love that they've done away with sliders and made the body parts like plasticine.

Watching the creature editor makes me wonder, how many people will we see create a race of giant cocks?

Not really. Robin Williams is a pretty hardcore gamer. He's always at E3... a few years ago I almost bumped into him.

His demo is awesome. :)

Yeah? I didn't know that. Has he made any voices for a game yet?

Not really. Robin Williams is a pretty hardcore gamer. He's always at E3... a few years ago I almost bumped into him.

Yeah, he was there a while ago with Trent Reznor. There's a photo out there somewhere. It was an... odd picture. They kind of looked like wrecks (well, if it were outside of the context of E3 at least :shifty: )

Yeah? I didn't know that. Has he made any voices for a game yet?

He was supposed to do the voice of a vorgonaut in Half-Life 2 but wasn't able to for whatever reason.

He was supposed to do the voice of a vorgonaut in Half-Life 2 but wasn't able to for whatever reason.

Vortigaunt. And Lou Gosset Jr. did superbly in that part, so William's performance wasn't missed in the slightest.

As for performances in games, IMDB only lists one; the Genie in Aladdin's Math Quest from 1998. Truly a benchmark in voice-acting.

He was basically making the same jokes in the video, admittedly, but man, he was really ripping open a can of quips there. It sounded all really ad libbed. I don't know if the entire thing was staged or at least pre-planned, but it's a sympathetic performance and I always like these little unexpected things.

I don't like him much as a comedian. But in serious roles ... I love him. Insomnia and One Hour Photo ftw.

Wait, were we talking about games?

I really liked his Live on Broadway thing. Quite funny. And yeah, sweet video there. Seeing the thing come to life made it all worth it.

I don't think this was staged, he does seem to like games and I believed he named one of his daughters Zelda.

I don't think this was staged, he does seem to like games and I believed he named one of his daughters Zelda.

Do any of his sons have Turok as a second name?

He only has one daughter, and yes she's called Zelda

He named his daughter Zelda because his son is a devoted fan of the Legend of Zelda video game series.

His sons are Cody and Zachary

I like Robin Williams in both his serious and comedy roles