Moosferatu

Sam & Max

The new site is up. It's looking good. I can't wait till the trailer's released on Thursday. One thing, what are the thoughts on the episode length? They say that the episodes are going to be shorter than The Great Cow Race, but will be released more frequently for less money. :tup:, :tdown:, or :tmeh:? Personally, I think The Great Cow Race was the perfect length and price. I'm not completely sold yet that this will be a better way of doing it, but I'm more than open to giving it a try.

office_800x600.jpg

Same here, The great Cow Race was the perfect length for the Bone adventure... maybe they'll come up with a structure, a pace and a gameplay which would allow the game to be as enjoyable as longer ones. Who's the lead designer on this ?

I say :tup: . Also, Telltale has partnered with GameTap to make the Sam & Max episodes available on GameTap in addition to Telltale Now. So if you already have a GameTap subscription, then having free access to the Sam & Max episodes is just a very nice bonus. It's hard to complain about that. Unless you really hate GameTap. And episodic games. And love to complain.

I haven't used it yet... I got too many new and old games sitting on my shelf before I can justify $10 a month for all the other games I missed out on. But I'll probably give it a shot soon enough. I think there's a two week free trial, though.

Who's the lead designer on this ?

Dave Grossman and Brendan Ferguson (who was a designer on Freelance Police at LucasArts).

Dave Grossman and Brendan Ferguson (who was a designer on Freelance Police at LucasArts).

HOT SHIT!

I just tried out GameTap. I'm really impressed by how many quality games they have on that thing. I really like it, but I did encounter a rather large problem with it. I tried to play BG&E to see how it fared with more recent games, and for some reason it was running like it was on speed or something. The sound was normal, but the graphics were running way way too fast. Did anyone else have this problem? Anyway, I'd recommend signing up for the free trial this week because they're going to be covering e3. I'm assuming that their live feed of the conferences will be a bit more stable than other sites. Also, they have an interview with Dan Conners of Telltale Games on Wednesday. Here's their schedule.

[edit]Almost forgot, there's one other worrying thing about GameTap. Somehow it created 5 gigs of hard drive space that I didn't previously have. I'm about to investigate to see if it deleted something. :shifty:

I second that cry of HOT SHIT.

Also, Moos, didn't you have the same problem with Half Life? Did you try that processor thing that the thread suggested?

Also, Moos, didn't you have the same problem with Half Life? Did you try that processor thing that the thread suggested?

Nope, Half-Life ran normally. It's just that normally feels like you're running on ice until you get used to it.

I tried to play BG&E to see how it fared with more recent games, and for some reason it was running like it was on speed or something. The sound was normal, but the graphics were running way way too fast. Did anyone else have this problem?

No, but I did have some audio problems until I turned up audio acceleration. Maybe try messing with your video acceleration? Also, does sound like it could be a processor issue as someone suggested.

Try calling GameTap tech support. They have real, actual people iin Atlanta answering the phones (not outsourced to India!) The guy who answered my phone call was very helpful in getting my audio working right.

]Almost forgot, there's one other worrying thing about GameTap. Somehow it created 5 gigs of hard drive space that I didn't previously have. I'm about to investigate to see if it deleted something. :shifty:

I think that's just space that GameTap sets aside for saved games. The games are played from GameTap's server but saves are stored on your local machine. Could also be temp files from when you were running BG&E.

I evaluated GameTap a few months ago for Adventure Gamers. Might give people an idea of what to expect. Of course, the article is written with a primarily AG-playing audience in mind... if you play other genres, it's a better value. Also the offerings have increased and the price gone down to $9.95 since then. With the new games, and Sam & Max and URU Live and the new price point, I'm thinking starting to look like a pretty good value even for people who only play adventure games.

EDIT: Telltale's site's back up. :)

I think that's just space that GameTap sets aside for saved games. The games are played from GameTap's server but saves are stored on your local machine. Could also be temp files from when you were running BG&E.

I had just over 7 free gigs before installing GameTap and playing BG&E, and now I have over 12 free gigs. That's just wrong, and makes no sense what so ever.

I just tried out GameTap. I'm really impressed by how many quality games they have on that thing. I really like it, but I did encounter a rather large problem with it. I tried to play BG&E to see how it fared with more recent games, and for some reason it was running like it was on speed or something. The sound was normal, but the graphics were running way way too fast. Did anyone else have this problem?

Yeah. I have the same problem with the retail version. Ubisoft Support is useless: They flat out told me that updating my video drivers would fix the problem. This was incorrect. The problem was that I am running AMD Cool 'n Quiet. Just turn that off in the BIOS and the game will run at the right speed. If you have an Intel then you'll have to disable SpeedStep. It's a simple enough solution that they should have an FAQ answer about it.

________

Yamaha YZ100

Edited by Anonononomous

I'm sooo excited about this. Even though it means I have to find a computer that doesn't freeze for no reason by this fall, I still can't wait.

Anonononomous, yeah, that worked. Thanks. For some reason I completely forgot that you had mentioned this problem previously. It really is quite amazing how well this thing works.

I'm still not sure I'm sold on the whole episode thing.

In the right hands you get a good deal for your money, but as this takes off with other companies, we could end up paying more money for less game over time.

Rather than buy one game for 40-60 bucks, we'll end up paying 4-6 payments of 14.99.

I had just over 7 free gigs before installing GameTap and playing BG&E, and now I have over 12 free gigs. That's just wrong, and makes no sense what so ever.

Maybe you had an enormous amount of temporary files in a Windows temp folder somewhere that GameTap cleared/overwrote to make room for itself.

Site's back up. I'm now really excited about Episodic Sam n Max.

The comics work really well because you can't tell where they'll be next -- Mars, the past, the moon etc. Short sharp jabs of adventuring fun works for me, especially if there's an over-arching storyline. Brilliant stuff. Let's hope that's what they're doing...

d

The trailer is up. It's amusing and it's fun to see Sam & Max moving again, but there is, unfortunately, nothing from the actual upcoming episode.

Mmmmffff.... no sound on PC at work. Looks ace, though. Little things, like how Max nods at the start make me smile.

Love it. Can't wait. How do you do those thumb things?

Ah. Here. :tup:

Yes. :tup: :tup: :tup:

For the first time ever I heard something genuinely funny from Sam & Max, or rather, something I didn't see coming a mile away or thought was predictable in terms of dialogue. I think it's in good hands with TellTale, because it seems to come out really sharp and clever. The trailer was a lot smarter than the old Lucasarts' one.

I'm intruiged, proceed.

The voice acting is actually pretty similar to the voices before, although they sound less 'seedy'. I have high hopes for the series.