Sign in to follow this  
ysbreker

Real Life Doom

15.jpg

If this isn't the perfect setting for an FPS game I don't know what is anymore! This is the new sewer system of Tokyo. Awesomeness! Such a shame millions of japanese will dump their shit & piss in it :/

I would put Mulder and Scully and make them discover The Cigarett Man is the reincarnation of Abel and Cain in the same body. Cries, gunshot without victims and complete destruction fo the sewer ensue.

As for elmuerte comment, wouldn't the Doom III environments look exactly like this if it wasn't for the amazing machinery?

nah, looks boring

So wouldn't that mean that it would be perfect for a real life Doom 3? I guess it could be darker though.

And actually, being full of shit would make it a bit MORE comparable to Doom III.

Oooh, zing.

To me, it almost looks like it's a cg room anyway. With the excesive glare from the ceiling lights, the huge handrail shadows. Everything is shiny. At a glance, my brain tells me it's cg for whatever reason.

You forgot the glowing red stuff that tells you something is about to try to rip your face off.

Real world locations make for pretty lousy FPS level design.

Depends whether you strictly follow the prescribed layout, or just distill out some of the architectural themes and riff on those for your layout. A large chunk of the Route Kanal chapter in HL2 is set in sewers of a moderately similar design. I prefer my FPS locations to be plausible places, so I'm a big fan of using real world locations.

Oooh, zing.

To me, it almost looks like it's a cg room anyway. With the excesive glare from the ceiling lights, the huge handrail shadows. Everything is shiny. At a glance, my brain tells me it's cg for whatever reason.

Same here...

15.jpg

If this isn't the perfect setting for an FPS game I don't know what is anymore! This is the new sewer system of Tokyo. Awesomeness! Such a shame millions of japanese will dump their shit & piss in it :/

I thought Japanese people re-cycled their urine and fecal matter by covering their naked bodies with it while wearing protective eyewear.

Oh wait, that was semen - the other bodily fluid.