Moosferatu

Oscars

What'd you think?

I agreed with most of the picks this year, but I was quite disappointed that Crash got best picture. It was a solid movie, but largely over-rated.

I enjoyed Jon Stewart, and Rob Cordry little fake ads were great. Also, Jack Nicholson is the man. :tup:

I concur. But I'm of the opinion that John Williams gets shafted every friggin' year. Sure he's won, what, three? But the man is just that damn good. He only gets nominated... twice every year? And I very much agree with being dissapointed that Crash won best picture.

Also, George Clooney's speech for best supporting actor: I gotta say, the best speech I've heard on the Oscars in my memory.

Haven't seen the show. Too busy. But even if I weren't I wouldn't have seen it anyway. I haven't even seen any of the nominated films.

edit: oh, it was Jon Stewart hosting this year right? I'm a big fan of the Daily Show. Maybe I would've seen the ceremony after all.

The amount of pro-"see it in the theater" anti-piracy and even anti-DVD propaganda was more than a little out of control. Damn Steven Soderbergh and Mark Cuban and their communist ways. Same-day-DVD sounds a little red to me.

The Oscars have annoyed me enough over the years that I didn't watch this, but what was Clooney's speech?

Oh yeah, I wonder if I could download a version with all the silly actors cut out somewhere. I just need Jon Steward et al.

I drifted in and out. Got to see the fake ads and those kicked all kinds of ass. Otherwise, fuck it. I was playing Phoenix Wright.

I'd like a highlight reel or something too.

By the way, is there something I can do to switch off the automatic inclusion of my own sig? I really don't want it near my posts :shifty:

Are there any clips on the interweb?

youtube seems to have a good number, but I can't seem to find the montage of noir movies, which is the one I really want.

Who's Oscar and why should I care.

They mean absolutely nothing to me.

I concur. But I'm of the opinion that John Williams gets shafted every friggin' year. Sure he's won, what, three? But the man is just that damn good. He only gets nominated... twice every year? And I very much agree with being dissapointed that Crash won best picture.

Screw John Williams. The guy has three wins and a ton of nominations thanks to the Oscars' perpetual Spielberg-blowjob, and he was shafted? ENNIO MORRICONE is the shaft upon which other shafts bloom.

The Crash Best Picture win crushed my soul. It was the worst of the five nominees, hands down. The three awards for "Memoirs of a Geisha" didn't improve things. :frusty::bomb::eek:

Also, it was almost worth sitting through that horrible Crash musical number to see Jon Stewart take the piss out of it afterwards.

Well, upon review of the winners, at least Memoirs of a Geisha didn't get any of the REAL awards. The ones it did win merely confirmed the obvious. It was a very beutiful movie, but not a very good one.

ENNIO MORRICONE is the shaft upon which other shafts bloom.

eh?

Well, upon review of the winners, at least Memoirs of a Geisha didn't get any of the REAL awards. The ones it did win merely confirmed the obvious. It was a very beutiful movie, but not a very good one.

Well, the camerawork in the film frankly sucked, so it certainly didn't deserve cinematography. It didn't even deserve to nominated. Also, its art direction and costume design looked pretty, but were boring historical recreations.

Morricone > (Williams * Williams)

wth is (Williams * Williams)!?

I know Morricone, I love his music

Well, the camerawork in the film frankly sucked, so it certainly didn't deserve cinematography. It didn't even deserve to nominated. Also, its art direction and costume design looked pretty, but were boring historical recreations.

The Oscar people like boring historical recreations.