Donkey Kong Country 2 :tup:

Super Mario World :tup:

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island: :tup:

Quake 4 :tmeh:

The Movies :tmeh:

World of Warcraft :tdown:

Lumines (:tup: :tup:)

Electroplankton (:tup: :tup:)

Mario & Luigi : Partners in Time (:tmeh: :tmeh:)

I also bought a Dreamcast so its been alot of

Rez (:tup: :tup:)

Ikaruga (:tup: :tup:)

And just got Darwinia, which seems a bit :tmeh: right now, but I'm hoping it'll get :tup: soon.

So yeah, lots of good gaming this season! :)

SiN

During the off-season, I went on something of a "I'ma find all those artsy games that I missed out on back when I only cared about shooters and get 'em for real cheap!" binge. This resulted in much crazy playing of:

- Rez (Not cheap, but worth it :tup:x4)

- Ikaruga (Fastest eBay delivery EVER! :tup:)

- Gitaroo Man (let's hear it for crazy! :tup:x2)

- Frequency (kinda hypnotic, but not as good as the above :tup::tmeh:)

- Panzer Dragoon Orta (just... damn. :tup:x2)

- Jet Set Radio Future (wheeeee! :tup:)

I also got my first credit card, which allowed me to import:

- Ossu! Tatake! Ouendan (genius. :tup:x3)

On the North American releases front, there was:

- Guitar Hero (ROCK! :tup:x3)

- Shadow of the Colossus (utterly stunning :tup:x2)

- The Rub Rabbits (yay! :tup:)

- Chibi-Robo (soooooo cute! :tup:)

Also, there was a bunch of stuff for the DS, but I've said enough. Needless to say, the forums were gone for far too long. Welcome back!

Psychonauts - :tup:

Timsplitters: Future Perfect - :tup: :tup:

Ninja Gaiden: Black - :tup:

Second Sight - :tmeh:

Shadow of the Colossus - :tmeh:

Digital Devil Saga 2 - :tup: :tup:

Onimusha: Demon Siege - :tmeh:

Maximo vs. The Army of Zin - :tup:

Ys: Ark of Napishtim - :tup::tmeh:

Wow, I just realized how many different games I played in the last few months. It's probably because my love for RPG's has waned somewhat, and my interest has shifted a bit towards games that are easier to finish. Also, I've been replaying games I never finished at all.

-Transformers :tup:

-LEGO Star Wars :tmeh:

-Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising :tup:

-Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island :tup:

-Knights of the Old Republic :tup:

-Halo 2 (singleplayer) :tup:

-Fable: The Lost Chapters :tup:

-Metal Gear Solid :tup:

-Gun :tdown:

-Facade :tup:

-Pro Evolution Soccer 4 :tup:

As you can see, I really liked most of these games. Finally, I hope to get my hands on Psychonauts, Shadow of the Colossus, We heart Katamari and Guitar Hero soon.

Black and White 2: :tup: for the new game play options :tmeh: because the creature is somehow less lovable.

GTA: SA again... this time with downloaded cars and guns. The car from Batman Begins rules, especially when you make it bullet proof. :tup::tmeh:

Gun: Concept :tup: Story :tup: Too short though :tdown: Also, I was hoping for more emersion of free play elements. (For some reason I thought it would have more free play.) :tmeh:

Fable- The Lost Chapters :tup::tmeh: :tmeh: It was fun at first. Eventually thought, I got bored. When I got to the extended content after the original game, I quit. I started again with a hacked character.... it was fun for a while... but lost its glimmer faster than my hacked hero aged. (And since aging is based on skill distribution, that's pretty fast.) Ironically, that ageing is part of the reason that it lacked luster. I was older than my mom when I saved her, and no one else aged at all. . . the timing of the game felt like most of the events took place over a short period of time. It might have been a good idea, but it was poorly exacuted, and made the game world feel smaller, not to mention more plastic.

Guitar Hero :tup: :tup: :worship:

Gun :fart::tdown:

Chaos Field :tmeh:

Played a little bit of the future!! in Project Gotham Racing 3 and I was so underwhelmed by it.

Guitar Hero :tup: :tup: :worship:

Gun :fart::tdown:

Chaos Field :tmeh:

Played a little bit of the future!! in Project Gotham Racing 3 and I was so underwhelmed by it.

Come on now, Let's be fair. Gun doesn't deserve the fart. Maybe the down, but not the fart.

It's one of the better western games I've played. The problem is that it's too compacted. The world is small, and the story, while complete, is far too short.

I love a good western, and I don't see enough of that in games. A lot of WWII though.

I can only think of a hand full of western games.

Psychonauts :tup: :tup:

(Finally got access to a computer with the video card to play it, getting close to finished)

NesterDC SE :tup:

New NES emulator for the Dreamcast that includes screenshots, scans of instruction booklets, cartridge and box art and other cool features. (It downloads this stuff based on the roms you have and creates a disc image, so it's legal.)

Jet Set Radio :tup:

Recent releases :erm:

Have review copies of Odama been sent out?

Come on now, Let's be fair. Gun doesn't deserve the fart. Maybe the down, but not the fart.

It's one of the better western games I've played. The problem is that it's too compacted. The world is small, and the story, while complete, is far too short.

I love a good western, and I don't see enough of that in games. A lot of WWII though.

I can only think of a hand full of western games.

See. That's precisely why I hate it so much. I, too, love a good western. I've rewatched Leone's films lately, also been watching Peckinpah's westerns, amongst others. I love good westerns. Gun is not one of them. The gameplay was a bit generic too.

This brings up an even more interesting question: does the Thumb receive many review copies? You're not the biggest site out there and you don't actually put a score on the thing, so I can see most distributors not really caring too much.

Well?

We're on a couple of mailinglists where you get stuff sent to you, but in most cases you have to specifically request a review copy. A lot of our reviews are based on copies we already own though (mainly because we don't bother enough).

Nintendo is probably the most conservative publisher when it comes to sending out review materials. I only got them to send a review copy once for some freelance work, and then I had to actually mail it back when I was done with it.

I've come across one review for it so far, and it was disappointingly negative. The basic gist of it was "Really, it's a neat concept, but the game is arse."

I remembered some!

Mario 64 :tup: (never played it before - great stuff!)

Psychonauts :tup: (everyone should play this!)

Fable: TLC :tup:

Out from Boneville :tup: (captures Bone perfectly!)

Team Fortress Classic & Counter Strike :tmeh: (it ain't what it used to be!)

Freelancer :tmeh: (I enjoyed it, but I haven't bothered to complete it)

GTA III :tmeh: (haven't got the patience - might give it a proper go one day)

King Kong :tmeh: (nice, but it hasn't drawn me in with its basic gameplay -- also the voice acting is crap considering it's the real actors!)

Singles :tdown: :tdown: (girlfriend wanted to try it -- it's SHIT!)

How do spamming forums work? Is it some automated script that automatically registers and posts, or is it some guy spending precious time doing it?

Right, to get back on topic:

Wolvenstein: Enemy Territory: :tup: :tup: :tup: Best multiplayer FPS money can buy. Especially since it's free! :) I still play this one almost every evening if I get the chance.

Castlevania DS: :tup: A very decent platformer for the DS the touchpad/stylus options feel a bit tacked on but for the rest very solid (insanely hard) gameplay

Advancewars DS: :tup: Excelent strategy game!

Nexus: the jupiter incident :tup: Surprisingly decent space-sim. (Still have to find the time to complete it sometimes tho)

lots of other games I forgot about I guess...

I got way too many DS games that I need to buy, one of them is that Castlevania game...

I have a nasty habit of playing games for days on end, then losing interest. Here's my current list:

* World of Warcrack (I know I know, I'll just go away now:getmecoat )

* Half Life 2 - Played it, stopped at Nova Prospekt, trying to get back into it:tup:

* Deus Ex, coz it's damn awesome:tup: :tup:

* Black & White:tup:

* Discworld MUD (that wonderful, amazing, life-leeching place that I've been at for the past 7 years):tup: :tup: :tmeh::tdown: :tdown:

* Prince of Persia - The Two Thrones :tup:

and quite a few others. Have I completed any of them? No. Will I? Probably not.