Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Where do you all live? (Chris not invited to participate)

Wow! It's a.... cinema? :Z

Hehe :P

Our cinema isn't that big, but there are plans for a second one which will be the biggest cinema in the BeNeLux. I'm not kidding. It's from a Belgian cinema group which name I can't recall. They have a few large mega-cinema's in Belgium. I've been to one in Antwerp.

--Erwin

Sounds like Black Mesa to me.

That place might be a bit like that, but I bet they have less sewage in the basement and fewer exploding crates. Black Mesa was doomed even before that whole alien thing, if you ask me. No serious research establishment should have exploding crates just lying around, it's a sign that Black Mesa was being mismanaged.

Lake Michigan. And Chicago is right on it, not near it. In fact, the water and park are just a ten minute walk from my building.

On, near, same thing! Almost. My only knowledge of Chicago comes from watching Due South and ER, so you'll have to excuse me.

Why did they replace Ray in Due South? The new one was no good. I stopped watching it after that.

I used google, I don't have a camera so...

here's to crappy pictures of Vaasa:

Vaasa in the night

vaasa.jpg

and an airshot of the central of Vaasa

vaasa.jpg

In a style akin to the rest of you (ie. I can't be bothered to wield a digital camera atm), I did a Google search. For 'Gosport', as in the UK one. And then I thought I'd do some bandwidth leeching. MWHAHAHA! But this is mainly so that you can look at the rest of the fascinating images on the respective sites...

I sense that photography is not the strong point of many citizens, so maybe I will have to seek out a digital camera after all...

1. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be ironic, given the file's name... Either way, this individual needs a new camera. Or maybe just a clean lense.

http://gollum.aberle.net/Album/uk2001/uk2001-gosport-steeple-sharp.jpg

2. It's a sundial, and it's always an hour out. Yes, I thought it was originally a GMT/BST debate, but it's an hour out IN THE WRONG DIRECTION. The rest of this site, 'Sundials on the Internet', sounds gripping.

http://www.sundials.co.uk/pix/gosport.jpg

3. With no other worthwhile pictures available (hey, YOU try Google-searching it), I'm reduced to ending with a little image from, ooh, a few years back... This image is improved substantially by knowing that the town in the background is actually Portsmouth.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~eadej/IMAGES/gosport.jpg

I can picture you all now... :Z

<i>Sim City!!!</i>

Surely Sim City had a different isometric view? The other way round, wasn't it?

http://www.agagames.com/pikchurs/ - pictures of the immediate area surrounding where I'm sitting, including a view of the hills outside my window and the piles of dirty clothes underneath my sink. It also gives a small insight to the true extent of my Who fanboyism... I might go outside later and take some pretty pictures with my new digital camera what I got yesterday.

gravestenenbrug.jpg

and now for part 2 of our haarlem tour, here are some pictures of our river (yes, a river, not a canal!)

Dolfijnstraat%2031g.JPG

this house is right across the street from me, and since I'm too lazy to get a digital cam and go outside and take pictures you'd have to imagine this is my house, ok?

druktewed.jpg

Oh and if the sea is still too cold, or we don't feel like that salty water, we go to het wed it's in the dunes, less than 15 minutes biking from my house.

I live in two places in two different countries. Hooray!

Inverness, Scotland (where I technically come from, well not the city, but I'm Scottish and spent my teenage years living there and it's where my parents still stay):

inverness.jpg

Swansea, Wales (where I study):

swanseaview.jpg

:D

In find this smiley disturbing and creepy in most contexts, but this context in particular. For some reason. Just thought you'd like to know.

Swansea, by a crapload. Don't be decieved by looks, Inverness happens to be the most boring place I've ever lived.

Also, AGA - http://www.agagames.com/pikchurs/000_0015.JPG school!!!! :D

I also now know which room you're in. ¬ ¬

You've got 12 days left in which to come to kill me visit me then! :P

I've been to Chicago three years ago... But I've only been there for two hours and the only thing I saw was the airport. Wow!

--Erwin

As promised, here are some pictures of where I live. I went for a walk in the woods just now, and took some pics through the gaps in the trees. The lighting's a bit poor because of that, but there are some nice pics in there... They're also a little poor quality images, since I set the camera to the lowest quality setting to be able to fit more pics on its puny 8MB memory...

This is where I live (for now anyway)

HPIM0067_2.JPG

Same place, but from a larger distance

HPIM0196_2.JPG

Our rather wild garden

HPIM0048_2.JPG

The neighborhood

HPIM0278_2.JPG

The neighborhood 45 years ago

HPIM0088_2.JPG

The archipelago not so far from my home

aktersvall_remmare.jpg

Archipelago

havetmedbatistranden.jpg

kuva1.jpg

As promised, here are some pictures of where I live. I went for a walk in the woods just now, and took some pics through the gaps in the trees. The lighting's a bit poor because of that, but there are some nice pics in there... They're also a little poor quality images, since I set the camera to the lowest quality setting to be able to fit more pics on its puny 8MB memory...

To give people an impression of how far I have to walk to Uni when I'm actually at my house in Brynmill, my house is near the beach. I have walk all the way up that sodding hill to Uni and let me tell you by the time you get there you seriously do want to die of a heartattack.

Marek, your picture of Rubacava won't load for me. Or any of your other pictures. But maybe it's just me.