Sign in to follow this  
RLacey

I have used it, but at the moment don't have it installed. They have some deal with Siemens I think that enables using it with regular (Siemens) phones.

I would if I had anyone to call. The trouble is, most people I need to talk to already use AIM/ICQ/etc. which is just as efficient for communicating.

I would if I had anyone to call. The trouble is, most people I need to talk to already use AIM/ICQ/etc. which is just as efficient for communicating.

Maybe more efficient..... no as efficient.

That's true, really. Plus, come to think of it, I don't know all that many people who own mics :)

By the way, I did have an idea about setting up a TeamSpeak server on this box and using it to handle conference-call type stuff, but it ended up being far too much effort for far too little benefit.

Don't install it, Lacey will phone you on it when you're not signed into MSN!

Excellent. My username is Yufster. Is that my phone number, too? Because that sounds kind of lame. "Here, let me give you my phone number. Y-U-F-S-T-E-R. Yeah. Call me."

Should it be called a Phone Letter?

You should. I love hearing different accents. Which is funny because, since I am a waitress, I hear a lot of tourists. I force them to speak.

Once, this New Zealandic couple (I just read an article about Serbia, and everybody's name ended in 'ic', and now it's stuck in my head) came in and ordered breakfast and lager.

"What part of America are you from?" they asked.

"I'm not. Wow! You're Australian!" I said, my eyes lighting up because I like other accents very much.

"No, we're New Zealandic," said the woman, although possibly she didn't use quite that combination of wording and non-words. "People often get our accent mixed up."

"Like mine," I agreed. "So do you guys watch Home and Away?"

"Oh sure. You guys are so far behind us, you know. So, what part of America did you say you were from?"

"I'm not. God, you know the way I thought you were from Australia? People think I'm from America all the time. It really starts to piss you off after a while, doesn't it? Did I piss you off, much? God, sometimes I just want to--" And I made stabbing motions with my order pad. In retrospect, it might have made more sense to do that with the pen, instead.

"Jesus Christ," said the woman.

Then, she spoiled the next years worth of episodes of Home and Away for me.

I have no use for Skype, TeamSpeak is working perfectly.

And anyway I have serious doubts about Skype, it being a creation of the Kazaa creators.

Yeah, TeamSpeak is cool. Maybe if enough people are interested I'll look into running a server on idlethumbs :)

Sounds cool. I doubt enough people would be interested though. I would, however.

Skype makes clean sound, but it uses a hell of cpu cycles - which is rather stupid....

I never noticed that, but then again I have the World's Most Awesome PC™

or maybe you only think you have, and in reality it is only a hyper-looney state induced by the toxic fumes of your worlds-most-dangerous-flat-screen-monitor*tm ...

uhmm

Am I right?