Sign in to follow this  
syntheticgerbil

Dink Smallwood

Holy crap, I remember that game. I think the last time I played it was 5 years ago. Yeah, it seemed kinda crappy but I think I played it a lot as well. All I remember is that it had a lot of swearing and blood, combat was like zelda but retarded, and that you could kill everything. I'll probably download it tomorrow just to see how good it is.

A link for people that don't know what we're talking about...

http://www.rtsoft.com/dink/

I actually liked it somewhat =) It really had the impression of a game made by just one person, but it had something that made it fun. I never got really far, but I remember being quite intruiged by it. It had a certain je ne sais pas. Charm.

Geez, I remember when this came out. There was a demo (or possibly the full version?) in PC Gamer, but I never even installed it for some reason.

I remember that I was excited about this game when it was first released as a demo.

Then when the full version was made freeware, I tried it and found out that I had lost all interest in it.

One thing I remember about the game was the pig farmer jokes in the beginning. There were pig farmer jokes in it, right?

I remember that I was excited about this game when it was first released as a demo.

Then when the full version was made freeware, I tried it and found out that I had lost all interest in it.

One thing I remember about the game was the pig farmer jokes in the beginning. There were pig farmer jokes in it, right?

Yeah it had pig farmer jokes, you played a pig farmer until your mother is killed or something. But wtf, why do you even remember the pig farmer part? Anyway, I'm going to go download the game and see how it has aged, it should be pretty interesting.

When I played the full version, I only played the beginning. That's why I remember only the pig farmer jokes. There ain't many games that star a pig farmer turned hero.

So I went back and played the game, it's ok. Nothing special but it does let you punch everything and get a response which is nice. At least it lets you interact with the environment more than the average adventure game.