Sign in to follow this  
Nick

xbox 360 design

I was kind of hoping they'd make it, you know, circular. Why the heck are they calling it '360' again? It looks sort of ugly, like the PS2.

I was kind of hoping they'd make it, you know, circular. Why the heck are they calling it '360' again? It looks sort of ugly, like the PS2.

Because 360 is X-treme!!! And Xbox2 is one less than PS3.

You are very confused.

*insert image here*

It's still bigger than the new Playstation 2! I was expecting something as big as um.. the Mac mini. Yeah.

Are those even real pictures, I mean the one from our colony, ok, but the one we're talking about here... meh! I mean I like it, but is this for real now? also, I wonder how microsoft is supposed to fit cooling for 3 cpus running at 3ghz plus a high-end ati graphicsolution into that?!?!?!

Are those even real pictures, I mean the one from our colony, ok, but the one we're talking about here... meh! I mean I like it, but is this for real now? also, I wonder how microsoft is supposed to fit cooling for 3 cpus running at 3ghz plus a high-end ati graphicsolution into that?!?!?!

Its amazing what you can do in terms of space efficiency when you build something that's designed to only work one way and not be opened and fiddled with by tinkering amateurs.

Er right... but let's just pretend for example you took the hard drive out of the Mac mini. That's an utterly tiny computer, a sliver of the size of the xbox 360. If Apple can do that I'm sure Microsoft engineers have pulled off what the 360 is.

Is that the PS3 or a waffle iron? ;)

I wonder how microsoft is supposed to fit cooling for 3 cpus running at 3ghz plus a high-end ati graphicsolution into that?!?!?!

For nerdy technicalities, the Mac Mini is running on a PowerPC low power processor that doesn't heat as much. the G5 powerpc requires inmense amounts of cooling, which Apple engineered to make it work.

So, I'm now guessing it's that big because they have to fit in the cooling, but how loud is it going to be...?

I guess we'll find out on May 12th. Maybe.

Is that the PS3 or a waffle iron? ;)

When I first scrolled past that image, my initial reaction was "Someone's now comparing the new X-Box to a waffle iron."

Too funny.

ps2vsxbox25xh.jpg

Those stupid closeups make it look bigger than it is. They don't hide the ugly, though...

Well, that's what I meant by performance. I'm already leaning towards XBox 360 over PS3, but mostly because of what I already know about Xbox and how MS are facilitating a more streamlined way for developers to make games for it. The PS3.....well, we know practically nothing about it right now so I can't compare yet.