Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Soul Calibur III

PS2 Exculsive ffs, FFS!

I hate the PS2, everyone knows they're rubbish. Everyone knows that the PS2 version of SC2 was the worst. Grrrrrrrrr!

Yeah, that decision sucks ass. The whole exclusivity thing is bad for gamers and most developers, I wish it would stop.

The game itself looks.. OK. It hasn't blown me away just yet, mainly because I think it's pretty hard to improve on Soul Calibur 1 and 2. The Build Your Own Character section is a nice touch though.

enlighten this console gaming noob with your eternal wishdom, Nick. What console should they have released Soul Calibur 3 on then?

Shouldn't it then be called SoulEdge 2?

The fact is, that anybody who is into games should always (for his own sanity) own the most popular console. In this generation and the one before that, it's the Playstation /PS 2. Should be interesting to see how things are going to go come next generation... untill then...

(the release for one platform instead of all to me speaks volumes about the dominance that is sony these days)

PS2 Exculsive ffs, FFS!

I hate the PS2, everyone knows they're rubbish. Everyone knows that the PS2 version of SC2 was the worst. Grrrrrrrrr!

I'm not sure I agree. I've played both the Game Cube version and the PS2 version (no Xbox, sorry), and it would seem that they're more or less even. I will agree that Link was WAY cool, and much better than the PS2 extra char, but the PS2 version seemed graphically better, so it balanced.

I will say that anything that's "exclusive" is a bad idea.

First off, half of the OMG EXLUSIVE !!!11 games end up on another system several months later. Secondly if part of the series has been multi-platform, the game may lose a great deal of its fan base. Let's be honest, unless you're REALLY into fighting games, SC3 is NOT a system seller. So why buy it exclusively?

...but the PS2 version seemed graphically better, so it balanced.

I played all three versions and in my opiniojn the PS2 version had the worst graphics and felt more sluggish to play. In my opinion.

enlighten this console gaming noob with your eternal wishdom, Nick. What console should they have released Soul Calibur 3 on then?

All of them. Or ultimately, as suggested by Kolzig, the Dreamcast :mock:

I have played the PlayStation2 version of Soul Calibur 2 and I own the GameCube. I couldn't stand the PS2 version. On the character select screen, in the PS2 version, the PS2 could not display both character models at once and there are horrendous load times. In this day and age I say: Load times? What are those? I cannot be bothered with load times!

Well, it looked to me like the background graphics were better for the PS2 than the game cube... so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree... either that or I'll have to have you taken out back and worked over with a 2x4... :clap:

Well, I remember when the SNES graphics for Mortal Kombat were hands-down better than those of the Genesis, but the Genesis was more fun to play because you didn't have to wait 10 minutes for your character to punch after hitting the button.

Also, you could activate the gore, which was the only reason to play the game in the first place, right?

So better graphics don't mean better gameplay, yeah, that's the moral of this post. Also, I can't compare since I haven't played the PS2 SC2 (SCII?), but I'm all for a Dreamcast release. :oldman:

Well, I remember when the SNES graphics for Mortal Kombat were hands-down better than those of the Genesis, but the Genesis was more fun to play because you didn't have to wait 10 minutes for your character to punch after hitting the button.

Also, you could activate the gore, which was the only reason to play the game in the first place, right?

So better graphics don't mean better gameplay, yeah, that's the moral of this post. Also, I can't compare since I haven't played the PS2 SC2 (SCII?), but I'm all for a Dreamcast release. :oldman:

Yes, but as far as I can tell the only thing that's different between my PS2 and my ex roomates GCN version was graphics and the fact that in the Cube you could play as Link. I've expieranced no slowdowns at all, and find the gameplay the same.