SoccerDude28

Psychonauts gets its first review

I just re-read the article and they call it SAMArost! :bomb:
What kind of crappyshittypoo magazines do you read?! :hah:

How stupid can you get? Takeing a game like Psychonauts and going "Well it's not the next Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Platformer Revolution" oh yeah, it also features a totally creative aproach to level design and using characterisation in a game... but really, the platforming is just solid... WTF! talk about being fucking jackasses! Kingz is right, they should be put out of their misery. How awefull a life must be where you cannot cherish the brilliance that is Tim Schafer! I love the idea and unless the platforming is substandard... I don't wanna care about the platforming! what does it matter! the game is a pure design VISION!

Well, that guy did call it an "instant classic"...

I think most of the criticism in the EGM review is pretty accurate. The game has some quirks in the platforming aspects of its design, which some will find irksome, but that doesn't really stand in its way of being an instant classic. Okay why does someone deserve to be killed (even metaphorically) for saying that? Grim Fandango has really off-putting play control (and it has the petrified forest), but that hasn't stopped it from being an instant (longstanding) classic.

Okay why does someone deserve to be killed (even metaphorically) for saying that?
I didn't say they should be killed, nor did I make a metaphor. I only said they should be shot. Chris Burden style.

I think most of the criticism in the EGM review is pretty accurate. The game has some quirks in the platforming aspects of its design, which some will find irksome, but that doesn't really stand in its way of being an instant classic. Okay why does someone deserve to be killed (even metaphorically) for saying that? Grim Fandango has really off-putting play control (and it has the petrified forest), but that hasn't stopped it from being an instant (longstanding) classic.

My anger about the review stems from the hyprocisy. Read any review of san andreas. You can bet your bottom dollar that they spend 99% of the time gushing over the size and scope of the world, the extensive soundtrack and the other good things about the game, but they devote a paragraph or less to the MANY flaws, and give the game 9.5+. Why do they overlook gta's (or any big game) flaws but not psychonauts'?