Kolzig

The Rez man joins Microsoft

"Creative man gets funding to make more games." What a huge bummer!!!

He might get one or two years worth of financing before Microsoft dumps him a la Schafer.

"Creative man gets funding to make more games." What a huge bummer!!!

Indeed.

I don't get it, people are still getting upset that some people like to develop games for Xbox/2? What's so sad about this? Why does it matter if he makes a Rez game, or whatever, for Xbox instead of GC or PS2?

In my case one of the reasons is, because I'm never going to buy a Xbox/Xenon/Whatever...

Don't get too bogged down by the brand name.

If Microsoft suddenly start employing creative and intelligent people then their quality of service will increase. Just because they are microsoft, it doesn't make them inherently evil.

Look at the Skoda, they actually make good cars now.

Yup. I'm not sure what the big deal is but it's been a while since Microsoft have done anything inherently evil. Windows XP came out in 2002 and there has yet to be any real replacement on the immediate horizon (the next interrim one being a 64-bit based enviroment for those with 64-bit processors).

The next "proper" Windows (Longhorn?) is such an amazing overhaul (not the babysteps of 95 > 98 > 98SE > ME -- which all came out within the space of five years!) that people actually want it!

Their Service Pack 2 was utterly fantastic, ask any IT technician. Same goes for their AntiSpyware software (beats the pants off of anything else --including the aging AdAware-- and it's FREEEEE!).

Unless I'm missing something I'm actually beginning to like Microsoft!

Look at the Skoda, they actually make good cars now.

My granddad has a 70's Skoda, look at that thing go!

It has a real Czechoslovakian engine, not some Volkswagen crap. :woohoo:

:mrt:

Looks like MS wants the Xbox 2 to appeal more to the Japanese audience. They also signed that former Square guy a few days ago. (The man with the really wrong moustache.)

Their Service Pack 2 was utterly fantastic, ask any IT technician.

I disagree based on its inability to play certain games plus a number of user specific bugs.

I disagree based on its inability to play certain games plus a number of user specific bugs.

Any games (or applications) that don't work are mostly the fault of said games or applications... ie. The programmers did something that Microsoft told them not to do as it was naughty, and they did it anyway. MS have pulled in the reigns to improve stability and security and have removed many little "hacks" that shouldn't have been there in the first place. (Ironically this included their version of Virtual PC -- they had to fix it after SP2!)

Besides, most IT technicians are not fussed about you not being able to play obscure games! ;)

The only game that I heard that didn't work for SP2 is Freedom Force, and, well, we got a new one.

MS have pulled in the reigns to improve stability and security and have removed many little "hacks" that shouldn't have been there in the first place. (Ironically this included their version of Virtual PC -- they had to fix it after SP2!)

Besides, most IT technicians are not fussed about you not being able to play obscure games! ;)

What does bill gates pay you by the hour or something?

The only game that I heard that didn't work for SP2 is Freedom Force, and, well, we got a new one.

[/Quote]

They have a patch for it and it's available

here