Sign in to follow this  
Jazhara7

That's me...

Idle Banter

You are in a large room. Various people are here, as well as some bunchies. A multitude of different conversations reaches your ears. Beside the door is a large, antique writing desk, with one small and one big drawer.

What will you do now?

> Open drawers

You reach towards the desk, and try to pull the drawers out. The smaller drawer opens without problems, but is empty. The big drawer is locked.

What will you do now?

> Feel inside small drawer

You reach inside the small drawer. Just as you want to end your inspection, your hand touches something cold at the top of the drawer. You turn your hand, and move it along the rough wood. Finally your hands close on a small skeleton key, which you put into your pocket.

What will you do now?

> Unlock big drawer with skeleton key

You put the key into the lock, and turn. The key fits. The drawer opens without noise. Inside you find a brown envelope which is labelled: Details on Newest Member 'Jazhara7'. Confidential." Additionally, a big red "WARNING: This member is a lunatic! Approach with care." has been stamped onto it. The word "Lunatic" has been crossed out, and been replaced with "Loony" in blue waxcrayon.

You take the envelope. It is too big and bulky to go in your pocket. You close the drawer and lock it again. You keep the key.

What will you do now?

>Open envelope

You undo the wing clip and open the latch. You pull out a small stack of papers. You read:

Name: Jessica

D.O.B.: 14th February 1987

Aliases: Jazhara7,(The) Loony, Jazh, Jaz, The Big Cheese, Jesse James, J7. Jazzy, Jessi, and some other variations.

Likes: My family, my friends, my pets, dragons (especially Iggy), adventuregames, books by Terry Pratchett (Discworld, and others), books by Anne McCaffrey (Dragonriders of Pern, Acorna), books by Tamora Pierce (all of them), Harry Potter books (Mea Culpa! Mea Culpa!), books by Michael Ende ("The Neverending Story", "Momo" ), books by Douglas Adams (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, and others), adventuregames, Australia, China, Ancient Egypt, the Maya, the Inca, most of the old civilisations that were in south america, adventuregames, Pancakes, Cheese, raspberries, turtles, snakes, Maned Wolves (they look a bit like long-legged foxes), Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, soy sprouts, Quetzals, Archeology, the Stars, and some other things... did I mention adventuregames?

Dislikes: War, tomatoes, mean people.

Favourite Movies: Dragonheart, MOMO, The Neverending Story, The Last Unicorn, DOGMA, DRAGONHEART, Galaxy Quest, Fierce Creatures, Pirates of the Carribean, JUMANJI, The Incredibles, Spaceballs, Mel Brooks History of the World: Part I, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, What Dreams may come, Disney's Atlantis, The Lion King, and some others.

(Some) Favourite Adventures: LOOM, The Longest Journey, The Black Mirror, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars, Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror, Monkey Island Series, Grim Fandango, The DIG, Day of the Tentacle, The Legend of Kyrandia Triology, and some more.

BEWARE THE ANGELDRAGON

A rustling of feathers behind you catches your attention as you finish reading. A voice that sounds like stars in a winter sky says amused:

"I don't think you should be reading that. But it does not matter anymore - The Loony will see you now."

You turn around and just see how a big reptile like creature with feathered wings moves behind you. A long, head with two horns pushes you through the parting crowd.

You scream, but nobody seems to hear you. They all know your fate, because many of them have gone the same way you are going now. Many more will follow you on this path. Those sad eyes, in which you detect a mad glint, look at you in pity as you pass through a delicately forged gate which leads into the starry sky...

- :erm::D:chaste::chaste::chaste::D:erm:

Hi there.

The Last Unicorn as phat, I'm surprised you didn't have Flight of Dragons on your list though.

I'm impressed with that introduction. Definately something I couldn't have been bothered to do.

And your birthday is on Valentines day? How has that worked out for you so far?

I never heard of "Flight of the Dragons". What is it like?

About the size of the introduction: I just felt like doing something like that. I usually do it in that listing form. Recently I was too lazy to do that Listing (it's hard to remember that all, and gets boring after some time). But I always do some kind of introduction to the listing. Sometimes it is a dialogue between me and Igrette, other times it is in a Open-mike-night style. Today I suddenly felt like doing this style (Recently I am playing several older classics of Interactive Fiction, and also new Amateur ones.).

It just comes to me sometimes. :) (You should see the welcomes I do with every Newbie at the DIVIDE, where I am the official Loony . )

Being born on Valentines Day didn't influence me that much. Here in germany it is not a native holiday or celebration. It has only recently been introduced by the industry. But since I am at an international school, where many americans and people from the UK are. So there are a lot of people who say: "Hey, you are born on Valentines day!"

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

god, that introduction took me right back. I think I like you already. Splendid!

:awesome:

i rediscovered it the other day... IT'S AWESOME!! you should be proud, but i'll use something else if you insist

god, that introduction took me right back. I think I like you already. Splendid!

:awesome:

I'm glad that you like me. :clap:

And hello Marek. I always wondered who that guy in your avatar is, he looks oddly familiar...He creeps me out for some reason. :eek:

Hey, Alex, you could just put Marek in you sig so you don't have to go to the trouble of posting him every time.

Bah, i've only done it thrice. If that. Actually he wants me to stop now :(

edit: god damn that non-sad sad face

edit: god damn that non-sad sad face

But it makes any post that uses it way funnier!

welcome on board :)

and, btw

Favourite Movies: MOMO, The Neverending Story

i like michael ende, but have never read or seen momo

anyway you should read the book the neverending story (if you haven't done it yet) - it's much better then the movie :yep:

welcome on board :)

and, btw

i like michael ende, but have never read or seen momo

anyway you should read the book the neverending story (if you haven't done it yet) - it's much better then the movie :yep:

I have. I was stopped once (one of our dogs accidentally thought the book was a toy... ;( It was very traumatic...), but later my eldest sister and I each got a new copy (hardcover - "The Neverending Story" is the only book that my sister accepts as hardcover. She normally only wants to have paperbacks.)

- :yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

Aliases: Jazhara7,(The) Loony, Jazh, Jaz, The Big Cheese, Jesse James, J7. Jazzy, Jessi, and some other variations.

You should know that I hold trademark and copyrights on loony, loonyboi, loonybin, the loon, the loony, the loonyboi, Looney Boy, Loony Boi, Loon, Loonacy, loonacy, loonastic, loonalicious, loonology, loonar and loonasticide.

Don't make me call my lawyers. :benstein:

You should know that I hold trademark and copyrights on loony, loonyboi, loonybin, the loon, the loony, the loonyboi, Looney Boy, Loony Boi, Loon, Loonacy, loonacy, loonastic, loonalicious, loonology, loonar and loonasticide.

Don't make me call my lawyers. :benstein:

You do? Well, I hold the trademark on "Official Loony of the Divide".

And how do I know that you are a qualified Loony, and not some kind of impostor? Can you show me the papers? Do you have a Diploma?

Why, you could be just a simple madman, without any rightful claims to the title of Loony.

- :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

And how do I know that you are a qualified Loony, and not some kind of impostor? Can you show me the papers?

I have papers, I have precedent, and I have a team of highly paid lawyers. :legalese:

loon·y or loon·ey also lun·y

adj. loon·i·er, loon·i·est

1. Extremely foolish or silly.

2. Crazy; insane.

3. jason bergman.

Domain Name: LOONYBOI.COM

Created on: 30-Apr-97

Expires on: 01-May-05

Last Updated on: 08-Oct-04

I've been loony since before you were born!

(Sadly, quite literally)

Neverending Story did rock. Here is the way I read it;

1. Put lots of cushions in my window and curled up there on rainy days, with all the rain beating down the window.

2. Spread peanut butter thickly on chunky bread.

3. Made strong coffee.

4. Put on cosy slippers and made a hot water bottle.

5. Read book.

I'm telling you, it's the only goddamn way to read that book. Man, it was awesome.

Neverending Story did rock. Here is the way I read it;

1. Put lots of cushions in my window and curled up there on rainy days, with all the rain beating down the window.

2. Spread peanut butter thickly on chunky bread.

3. Made strong coffee.

4. Put on cosy slippers and made a hot water bottle.

5. Read book.

I'm telling you, it's the only goddamn way to read that book. Man, it was awesome.

That sounds great. I would read my books like that too, but we only have very narrow window sills. :sad:

That sounds great. I would read my books like that too, but we only have very narrow window sills. :sad:

I think it's just that Yufster is very very small. :shifty:

Idle forums suck now.

Hey, what? :blink:

You have been eaten by a Grue

p.s. D.O.B.: 14th February 1987 JEEEEESSSUS arent people born post 81 still toddlers?

How can I be eaten by a grue? I AM the grue. FEAR ME!!!

But well, yes. You will find that I am actually my future self, who has decided to start her DeLorean, and come back to the year 2005, to find all the wonderful games I missed while I was a Toddler (I have visited somem of the earlier years already) - soon I am going to travel back to the Future, where I will finally have the only complete collection of Adventure Games in the whole universe. And then...then nothing will stand in the way of my plans to TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!!

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

How can I be eaten by a grue? I AM the grue. FEAR ME!!!

By the way, Bunchies have been declared national heritage in the future - national heritage of the United Nation of Adventuregamers (UNoA), that is. So everybody who has not done so, get used to them. :yep:

- :opa::wtf::opa::wtf::opa::wtf::opa: