Sign in to follow this  
hermes

shiver me feet - dancing is soo hard

Been playing pirates! a couple'o'hours.

arr the only thing i find really difficult is the dancing (even on the easy difficulty).. What am I - an idiot... arr let me kill someone.... but these governor daughters have these big errr eyes - that just makes me want to dance good.... any help out there..?

Just keep an eye on their hands. I had problems reaching the keys in time at first, until I started keeping as many fingers on the keys as possible. After a while, it becomes sort of easy to predict where they are going to go, as well.

If you enter an incorrect command you can still hit the right one before you stumble, so maybe just mash the keypad with your palm or something.

Or hit the pause/break key on your keyboard when she makes a handsignal, figure out what key to press, press pause/break again and quickly hit the correct key. That's how I got married to the beautifull daughter of the guvnor of Port royal =)

It's not too difficult once you start recognizing the patterns.

I find the dancing to be one of the easiest bits in the game. Perhaps it's the soothing tones of Bach that have that effect on me.

Dancing is hard, and it gets almost exponentially harder with difficulty levels... The other things don't seem to get more difficult at all.

If you enter an incorrect command you can still hit the right one before you stumble, so maybe just mash the keypad with your palm or something.

that's bloody crazy ... and funny :grin:

It's not too difficult once you start recognizing the patterns.

I find the dancing to be one of the easiest bits in the game. Perhaps it's the soothing tones of Bach that have that effect on me.

Maybe it's because I'm more of a freestyle dancer - all this patterned stuff - it's just not me... hey give me some hot beats and I'll break away anytime....

Yeah, I'm waiting for Firaxis to release the patch that adds breakdancing before I play any more of this game.

I wonder if people will play this with their dance mats when it hits the Xbox. With the 9-button keypad control the game has, maybe you could just map that layout directly onto a dancemat and play the whole game that way, not just the dancing. Dancing your way to victory in ship battles and swordfights. Just to clarify, this is not something I would ever be seen doing, ever.