Marek

Monkeys.

Are monkeys all that great?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are monkeys all that great?

• Yes!
    • No!

There's a zillion and a half studios named after monkeys. And then there's all these games with monkey in their titles, like Super Monkey Ball, Monkey Island, SkullMonkeys, Pinky Monkey Town, Monkey Puncher and of course Burning Monkey Solitaire. Not to mention half the shareware games in the world that feature monkeys.

I mean, come on. I don't think monkeys are actually that interesting and/or hilarious. What do you say?

this is another difficult poll. I'd vote no! if you're talking about the monkeys in systemshock2 then they're fucking scary. but are monkey's funny otherwise? I don't know... :erm:

Oh and why was this post deleted the last time I posted it? or did something mysterious happen to this thread?

I voted yes because I've been indoctrinated by gajillions of adventuregames that monkeys are both helpful and funny. Strange thing is, whenever I'm in the zoo I don't give a joink.

:sartre: Monkeys are in and of themselves neutral, but ulitmately rendered 'interesting', 'cute', 'funny'....or merely 'endearing' in general by the culture of humans. That many developers and games have monkeys as nomenclature, mascot, or character is more an indication of their projections on the monkey, the responibility is on them to justify or at the very least explain their position of such sentiments.

I think it's pretty dumb that monkeys have become the de facto "hilarious animal" when they're not in actuality very funny, but are rather scary as shit. It seems like whenever someone wants to get a cheap laugh they can simply throw in some kind of monkey reference and inevitably someone will think it's funny for some reason. (LAME)

Whenever there's meerkats on National Geographic or Animal Planet I just have to watch. They're fucking comedy.

As for monkeys ... way overrated. You said it Chris.

Yes, like pirates. But the thing about monkeys is that they've been overplayed beyond any remaining shred of amusement to me.

Why don't you have a monkey smiley? I voted yes before reading the question.

But the thumbs are kind of like MONKEY thumbs. And that would sound much better than Idle Thumbs. You should really consider changing the name of this site.

But the thumbs are kind of like MONKEY thumbs. And that would sound much better than Idle Thumbs. You should really consider changing the name of this site.

Over my dead fucking body.

I bet monkeys could post working links, like http://www.overmydeadbody.com/

Spider monkeys have no thumbs on their hands.

[edit]If you won't have a monkey smiliee, at least you should have an OverMyDeadBody smiliee OMDBtitle.jpg

Monkey Magic!

head-m.jpg

The Monkees!

thatwas.gif

:woohoo:

The only thing cooler than a monkey is a NINJA monkey, or a pirate monkey.... :deranged:

I think it's pretty dumb that monkeys have become the de facto "hilarious animal"

According to Scurvy Dogs (comic)

"Pirates are the new monkeys"

Speaking of monkeys, I had no idea Chimpanzees ate monkeys. Like, hunted them down and ripped them apart and chewed on their innards. I thought chimps ate...leaves. And nuts.

But not monkeys.

Also, I voted "no". Monkeys are not so great. Always going around, getting eaten by chimps. Stupid monkeys.