Sign in to follow this  
unimural

Jurassic World Evolution - Nick's GOTY.cx 2018

The only way this could be more of an Idle Thumbs game is if the map of your park is a piece of paper on a 3D-modelled clipboard.

Frontier branching out, huh? That's the fascinating bit for me. ELITE must be doing well, which is Good™.

5 minutes ago, Gorbles said:

Frontier branching out, huh? That's the fascinating bit for me. ELITE must be doing well, which is Good™.

It's not really much of a branch. They're just going to put dinosaurs in their theme park game.

Ohh, I read somewhere a good suggestion for this kind of game. First it's like a normal park building game where you build the park and make it like a Disney world for tourists. Then when your park is up and running with park totally full of people you start to get the usual "technical issues" with the park and shit will start to hit the fan.

Ultimately it transforms into a first person view where you as the park designer have to run in terror when the dinosaurs take over and ultimately your goal is to either die or escape the park. Then totally depending on what kind of park you made, the experience is based on that. So if you made a really loosely designed park, then all the dinosaurs are coming for you quickly.

So it could be like Planet Coaster for the first half and like Alien Isolation for the second half.

I don't have a huge childhood fondness for Jurassic Park, but I'm definitely up for some dinosaur island building. I wonder if the game will feel more like a management sim than Planet Coaster (which I have yet to play, but sounded like a very sandbox-y affair - although, it may have been significantly updated since the launch). I was not a huge fan of disasters in games like Sim City (except when I wanted to see the world burn, and not save the game afterwards), but I think this game would be much more interesting if containing the dinosaurs is actually made difficult. I think that can be nicely achieved by the tropical storms destroying and power lines, bigger dinosaurs figuring out ways to destroy the fences, and so on.

I'm glad this thread exists, because the split second I saw the news yesterday this game is real I knew this was necessary and came looking for it.

I've been reading about some people talking about Jurassic Park:Operation Genesis now that this Frontier game was announced. It's some old park building game apparently, I've never heard of it before. Anyone played it?