Lu 

[Release] A Thousand Dormant Machines

6 hours ago, GammaBit said:

^you can wall jump??? That explains why I got stuck. 

See, this is why everyone should always read my posts thoroughly.

20 hours ago, Ben X said:

A tip for anyone playing this - wall-jumping is possible (after a fashion), and in fact necessary to progress.

EDIT: I just played the latest version and I had to put it down to baby mode but I finished it! It was a lot easier to appreciate the enemy mechanics at that difficulty setting, thank you!

This was cool! Love the art and atmosphere, and taking down enemies was very satisfying. One of those game jam games that's begging to be expanded into a bigger and better thing.

Only complaints are that the post-processing effects made text barely legible, which is a bit of a problem when it comes to health, and also that there should be some feedback for when you're hit. Other than that, great! I'd like to play more. 

This is very fun and good! I enjoyed the "fuzzed out CRT" look a lot, and the platforming felt pretty tight. I also liked how you could 

Spoiler

shoot the flying machines and blow them up, or just shoot them enough to disable them and leave them "de-clawed" and walk onward.

The art is really cool, those glowing (eye)balls inside those drones look really weird and creepy. I always enjoy an "old crt screen" aesthetic, the only thing I didn't like was the glow on the font, that was a bit too intense for my eyes.

Because I had chosen the easiest difficulty at some point running past enemies seemed like a better strategy than shooting all of them(there is a place where they are all bunched up). That revealed that they apparently keep tracking you across a very long distance, not sure if bug or feature, but hearing shots being fired while far away from any enemies was a bit strange.

Great graphical style! Also a nice touch that enemy bullets will also damage enemies. Would be great if you could get them to go full Doom-monster-infighting.