nkornek

[Release] Nick Breckons: 1, Mackle: More

Here's some closeups of a hidden Breckon. Only the Breckon player can see these, and transferring yourself back into a Macklemore you've already converted is much quicker. It can be useful for trying to escape if you think you're about to be discovered.

popout.gif.9d03bb88bdf721130cf6b9df3c2d3d37.gifmoving.gif.eb933d021547fc645abe550cbc0d0829.gif

Working on some more bodies today. I want to do a lot of very different style ones so that there's less repetition and the whole think looks more fun.

showOff.thumb.png.eee44d52e45f888c74060e92243ef7fc.png

Oh man, can't believe you're doing a networked game, good luck! Great art!

Update: I've been working on a WHOLE bunch of new bodies for the characters as well as environmental stuff.

Still to go: I want to have a few buildings and also maybe one that's walking a dog.

placing.gif.b1ba37d11c622c381035ce4e0c6ae906.gif

As a side note: I'm probably not going to be able to finish this by tomorrow but I'll probably be able to finish it Monday.

13 hours ago, brendonsmall said:

Wow this is coming together into something magical.

Thanks!

Decided to go back over a lot of what I'd done and add shadows to all the bigger static objects (trees, bushes, cars, etc).

Not only does this look super cool, but it will actually affect gameplay. The "sun" in the scene is actually attached to the Seeker player's camera, so as they move around looking for the Breckon the light moves with them. That means that the player who controls the Breckon can get an idea of where the other player is looking by observing the angle of the shadows.

shadows.thumb.PNG.3760b56407e9ff96ade725e0b1d85cd3.PNG

Finally finished placing everything. 300 Macklemores all with bespoke positioning.

Now tomorrow I can hopefully finish up the last few bits of gameplay programming and be done.

spinfull.gif.010e45422bb3b9ee80ce066b24a15d91.gif

On 2017-6-24 at 1:02 PM, ryanfb said:

I hope someone with the right setup streams some gameplay of this, because it looks amazing.

I'm especially looking forward to when the thumbs play it because Nick still has no idea what it is that he agreed to lend his likeness to :P