Sign in to follow this  
Patrick R

Movies That Would More or Less Scan the Same But Arguably Make for More Interesting Replacements for the Titular Film Referenced in the Chorus of Deep Blue Something’s 1995 Hit Single “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”

On 11/02/2017 at 5:09 PM, Patrick R said:

She said I think I remember the film

As opposed to the book, no? Why say 'the film' and not 'that film' if not to differentia...

What's happening to me?!

And i said "What about Witchfinder Gen-e-ral?"

2 hours ago, dartmonkey said:

As opposed to the book, no? Why say 'the film' and not 'that film' if not to differentia...

What's happening to me?!

And i said "What about Witchfinder Gen-e-ral?"

The thing is even if Deep Blue Something chose not to rhyme "Breakfast at Tiffany's" with anything, I think for it to scan the same it needs to at least end with a "ee" sound.

50 minutes ago, Patrick R said:

The thing is even if Deep Blue Something chose not to rhyme "Breakfast at Tiffany's" with anything, I think for it to scan the same it needs to at least end with a "ee" sound.

Weekend At Bernie's 3?

On 2/9/2017 at 4:03 AM, Noyb said:

Great find! :lol:

Obligatory link to Olde English's Breakfast at Tiffany's sketch, which engages with the titular work to a stronger degree than the original song.

God I remember this. So good.

I always assumed there was more to this song than a woman breaking up with her partner because the relationship has crumbled and him saying "but we saw a film together once!" and her saying "I think I remember that, it was okay I guess but no you're still dumped" and then him saying "BUT WE SAW A FILM TOGETHER ONCE!" Thanks to this thread I have finally googled the lyrics and discovered that no, that is it.

I thought he just fancied a bit of breakfast and he was suggesting it as a pitiful, last-ditch dad joke.

Bram Stoker's Dracula doesn't finish with eeee but I like it.

The friend who suggested "The Pick Of Destiny" and I have made this into a full-out war. We are texting each other movie titles in the middle of the night as soon as they occur to us. This is the worst, but also the best. My favourite suggestions so far have been:

End of the Century

The Great Train Robbery

The Human Centipede

Babe Pig in the City

and the one I'm proudest of by far:

And I said what about

Koyaanisquatsi

I have also recently been on a huge Steven Chow kick (spurred by going to see "Journey To The West 2: The Demons Strike Back" for Lunar New Year) that has motivated me to host a viewing party of some of his classics. Said friend is invited, so things have escalated with my naming of the event:

58b26550bdad8_Whatabout.JPG.486d9d08a76bafb5f9f6377b365d7f96.JPG

...send help.

Can I burst your bubble a bit by saying the ones starting with "The " don't really scan well due to where you put the emphasis (BREAK-fast at TIF-fa-ny's) and KO-yaa-ni-SQUAT-si is missing a syllable?

5 hours ago, Erkki said:

don't really work well

Honestly, what's the point in my teaching you the meaning of "scan" if you don't use it?

And I said what about From Here To Eternity?

3 hours ago, Ben X said:

Honestly, what's the point in my teaching you the meaning of "scan" if you don't use it?

I think you misquoted me in time.

"... As I recall I think we saw another one"

And I said "well that's Some Like It Hot"

1 hour ago, Erkki said:

"... As I recall I think we saw another one"

And I said "well that's Some Like It Hot"

:worship: