Udvarnoky

Psychonauts.com redesigned

Nobody really knows that, but the level I played when I went in to volunteer test the pre E3 build was very enjoyable, from a platforming, adventuring, and storytelling angle.

This hardly seemed worth a new thread, so I stuck it in here: There's a shitload of goods in the new Xbox Nation about Doublefine and Psychonauts. Go check it out! (Incidentally, it also has some neat information on Halo 2 singleplayer, and Red vs Blue gets a spot in there. Good stuff.)

Who is this Tim Schoofer guy?

Where's the blood???!

No shotgun?????

Man, this game is going to suck!

??!

:mrt: says no!

PS: I wasn't overly impressed by that trailer.. I don't think the rythm was very good or something. I'm still looking forward to the game, however!

That was the best trailer I have ever seen, though I must agree about the music & narrator. But ooh, look at the baby fly!

"She left on a search for a crazy man!"

Did I watch a different trailer than some people? I thought it was awesome, and this from a guy who's not even a Psychonauts or Double Fine fan :)

The trailer didn't really tell me much about gameplay -- I'll give you that --, but how many trailers do?

I'm just messing with you. I haven't even seen the trailer yet.

I just felt like saying something outrageous.

Psychonauts is awesome.

Peace.

I'm just messing with you. I haven't even seen the trailer yet.

I just felt like saying something outrageous.

My dear, if you wanted attention why didn't you just ask kindly? That or rip your shirt off and dance topless on the table.

That or rip your shirt off and dance topless on the table.

Yufster, yeah I guessed as much. Was talking to the others... umm.. who complained about ... something. Don't remember.

But I think Trep's idea is pretty good.

But I think Trep's idea is pretty good.
I don't like it. Slightly more outrageous and attention-worthy would be if she raped her geography teacher in the school cafeteria. The freakiest thing is, I would not be surprised.

Coool. thanks manny c44. A devoper interview with Tim, and a FULL intro to Psychonauts. neat.

Dev. interview.

LINK

Full Intro (short scenes already seen from the new trailer)

LINK

From this new point of view with these videos, makes the new trailer even worse put together :) Enough complaining I know.

The gameplay videos are what impressed me. I love the quality of the animation, the fluid action, great voice acting....and the branhcing text trees! I've missed them so!

The ganeplay videos are what impressed me. I love the quality of the animation, the fluid action, great voice acting....and the branhcing text trees! I've missed them so!

Oh yeah. The IGN videos.. I've seen three of them now. They show what I want to see. The gameplay. Like Mario Sunshine gameplay. (sorry didnt know any other expression)

i cant wait.

mario64 mixed with grim fandango.

now i wont have the problem of never being sure what my favorite game ever is.

could be hl2, tho. have to wait and see.

How can your favorite game be HL2 if it isn't out yet? :nuts:

The videos seriously reminds me of DOTT meets Grim Fandango, specially now that I noticed (from reading replies to this post) that some of the voices are in fact played by people like Nick Jameson.

I thought the trailer was awesome because it was so trailer-like with the suspenseful music, random plot things, and trailer voice-like guy! plus, it was the first time I saw updated footage of the game. I do agree that there was not enough gameplay clips in the trailer, but the gameplay videos do compensate for it.... and they remind of Zelda (L-targeting, getting a badge, other nifty things) meets Mario (Jumping around platforms and stuff) meets Grim Fandango (you can actually talk to people LEC adventure-like and Raz turns his head to look at interesting things... like Manuel Calavera, and the whole style... definitely made by the grim team).

Man, this game is looking so great. The intro is great, especially its music which is another huge thing I'm looking forward to about Psychonauts. The gameplay footage shown also looks fluid and fun, with plenty of immersiveness promised. Jeez. I'm excited. Omg.

From the trailer I assume the hero can enter minds and dreams?

I saw a scene where it looked like he was a giant climbing a building all King King-like....

The real thing that worries me is, which version do I get? AFAIK the XBox version will be the best and the first to come out, right? :erm:

From the trailer I assume the hero can enter minds and dreams?

That's the general premise of the game, yep.

The real thing that worries me is, which version do I get? AFAIK the XBox version will be the best and the first to come out, right? :erm:

It's likely that the Xbox version will be the best, and the current plan is a simultaneous launch on everything. It seems like it will be a big marketing push and everyone in the world will know about it, which is just awesome.

As of still, they are all coming out at the same time.

Dammit! That means I'll havew to choose which version to purchase?

I really hope that one version is superior to the others.... :shifty:

That's the general premise of the game, yep.

Now I'm wondering how much of the game takes part in the real world and how much in the "brain" world...

It's looks so zany it's hard to tell... :erm:

Now I'm wondering how much of the game takes part in the real world and how much in the "brain" world...

It's looks so zany it's hard to tell... :erm:

It seems the real world bits mostly center around the campground area, while all the really crazy stuff is most likely inside someones head. That said, I'm sure that as the game progresses lines between crazy stuff and minds and the real world and blahhh will probably get a bit blurred.