Jake

Idle Thumbs 187: Half a Brain

The Thumbs are not up to date on hair distribution within the video game industry at all.

Well, seeing Jonathan Blow with hair was a lot more suprising than such a thing warramts.

Next thing you tell me is that John Romero is now bald...

There is absolutely no reason for me to post this 2001 interview with Warren Spector that I just stumbled across except that it talks about John Romero's hair.

It's also strange to realize that my understanding of video games essentially stopped 13 years ago.  If an interview with Warren Spector happened now with quotes like "Developers have a moral obligation to do that [allow players the opportunity to create personal stories] or we're just going to stagnate and remain some kind of adolescent niche market forever." and "Games that have particularly inspired me recently include Half-Life and Mario 64." I wouldn't even blink.

I'm glad we got the cat cheese gif - I had seen it before, but it is indeed majestic and tremendous - but I really want the other gifs. Anyone know where they are at?

edit: I guess maybe it was episode 189 with the discussion of the other gifs. That's what happens when you binge-listen, folks.