Twig

Online Tabletop Role-Playing Extravaganza

Does anyone here have / use Tabletop Simulator? 

I picked up the first tier of the Pathfinder bundle and it looks like there is a community made Beginner Box plugin for Tabletop Simulator. 

I thought it might be interesting to try. 

I've been tempted to pick up Tabletop Simulator in order to play Secret Hitler. Pathfinder would deffo be a bonus.

(Would anyone be into Secret Hitler, by the way?)

I'd be interested in picking up TTS if someone started up a Pathfinder  game, I've been tempted to in the past for board games, etc. 

I fiddled with it a bit when it was in Early Access. It was neat, if understandably clunky. From what I've read in all the dev updates, there's been a lot more stuff added and polished.

I'd love to try a tabletop simulator game if any one runs one! Preferably a short one off to start :D

If we've got four people who don't own it now, do we want to pitch in on buying the four pack for $60 and splitting it between us? It'd be $15 each that way, but it bears saying that we could also wait for a sale where the game's gone down to $9 individually or the four pack's gone down to $30.

I wouldn't mind a fifteen dollar buy-in.

I can't say I'd be super interesting in buying Tabletop simulator to play Pathfinder myself. I feel like the time spent learning to use that would be better spent in Roll20.

I messed around with Tabletop Simulator a bit more over the weekend, and I agree with the assessment in that article. It's great for letting you move pieces around in a virtual space, but any information management is extremely clunky. You want a character sheet? Load an image of it into the game to get a weird textured slab that you might be able to draw on with the pen tool, but not very well. Alternatively, put it on the web somewhere and view it on an in-game tablet's browser. Something like Fantasy Grounds is much more suited to pen-and-paper games.

I messed around with Tabletop Simulator a bit more over the weekend, and I agree with the assessment in that article. It's great for letting you move pieces around in a virtual space, but any information management is extremely clunky. You want a character sheet? Load an image of it into the game to get a weird textured slab that you might be able to draw on with the pen tool, but not very well. Alternatively, put it on the web somewhere and view it on an in-game tablet's browser. Something like Fantasy Grounds is much more suited to pen-and-paper games.

Yeah, it seems like that is how most people feel. Fantasy grounds is just crazy expensive though, especially considering roll20 is free!

Yeah, Fantasy Grounds seems great, but there's no way I'm paying full retail for digital copies of books that I already bought in print.

Throwing it out there: $7.50 each. (Lowest it's ever been individually is $8.75.)

I want a copy to play Secret Hitler. As I've been getting deeper into Roll20, I don't know that it's necessary for Pathfinder - although speaking of which I have been murmuring to some about starting a game of it on Saturdays. Something lighter and more casual than what I'm doing with Chronicles of Darkness.

I'd be in for some Pathfinding. I've been itching for some high fantasy adventure for a while now.

Ooh, I got that pack. I probably can't join you for the roleplaying (even though I'd love to, I just can't commit), but I'd love to try out some tabletop stuff this weekend.

Anyone up for Pathfinder should get in touch with me here or on Slack. If we could do a character creation session tonight, I'm up for that.

That was fun! I think! ;)

Man that feat list though. Here's 6,000 things you do! Good luck figuring out which ones though!

Edit: So in the grand tradition of figuring every thing out as soon as get done working on it I figured out how to make the character work way better. Natuel weapon attacks work with weapon finesse. I take that and my attacks work with dex and I don't have to worry about strength anymore. Still wish I hadn't rolled two eights but I'm going to make it work!