Sign in to follow this  
deleted user

Who here likes video games?

Video games?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Video games?

Oh hi. I was hoping to synergize with your marketing strategy by submitting to the warm glow of Big Data, but I don't know how to answer because what is video games?

the last time i visited my grandma in china she told me she had been playing farmville or some equivalent game for the past 2 years. She's so far along in her farming that she constantly gets messages from other users asking for help or something. She says she's tempted sometimes to accelerate her farming by buying stuff, but chose not to.

so you can put down my grandmother for liking video games. or maybe she hates them, i dont know 

I had the exact same problem. They were always computer games when I was growing up but these days I interact more with online gaming people who mostly use video games. I always thought the name was weird because to me it sounds more like Dragons Lair than an interactive experience.

My favourite one is when people say that there's inevitably going to be another video game crash.

There wasn't a first one! It was only in North America, everywhere else had uninterrupted computer game supplies.

It was also computer games here, and video games were on consoles. There wasn't a rich vein of really good games on consoles, and computer games were more reliably good. You knew which companies made what games, and there was shareware, so you could play the first episode of the games and then try and wangle a copy of the other episodes for the games that were most worth your time.

Even consoles played computer games for me. I'd play computer games on my SNES, Playstation, Gamecube. Video games was only heard of on TV land, with other words like 'federal' and 'color'.

I was wondering if "video game" was popularised by an industry that wanted to be associated with home video players in the consumer's mind. I can't find anything about the history of the term(s), though.

Weirdly, the term has nothing to do with

nightmaresetup.jpg