N1njaSquirrel

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Beat the Solar System challenge last night. Shit is bonkers. A big deal for me was with two floors to go getting that exploding brain projectile. Just having SOMETHING I could aim helped a tonne. The fight with Mom's Heart turned into me dodging while waiting for the brain to respawn so that I could fling it at her again.

Family photo:

post-9858-0-91871400-1416977983_thumb.jpg

Edit: Got the D4 today. I couldn't help myself: I rerolled my character as often as I could. I told myself I would stop when I got something powerful but it seemed like cheating if I didn't keep rerolling. Quadshot Epic Fetus with Money=Power was the highlight of the run. 

Family photo:

Edit: Got the D4 today. I couldn't help myself: I rerolled my character as often as I could. I told myself I would stop when I got something powerful but it seemed like cheating if I didn't keep rerolling. Quadshot Epic Fetus with Money=Power was the highlight of the run. 

Nice pic!  And yeah, a D4 run is a super fun, every 6 rooms getting a completely new build.  I've done it twice, though the first time ended in disaster when I got a terrible, terrible build late in the Dark Room. 

Bananasaurus Rex shows just how ridiculous seeded speed runs are.  Full

run in 2:53. Spoilers, obviously, if you're new to Isaac.

Tammy's Head and Brimstone are so insane.

I showed my five-year-old niece this game (unwisely?).  An hour after we stopped, she said, "Let's play the baby in the dungeon game again."

Though she didn't like that the toothpicks cause Isaac's tears to turn bloody.

I showed my five-year-old niece this game (unwisely?).  An hour after we stopped, she said, "Let's play the baby in the dungeon game again."

If it makes you feel better, I had a post-Thanksgiving family Skype get together conversation with my four year old cousin about how cool the poop noises were in this game.

Conclusion: They are a little loud, but very cool.

I finally got Polyphemus!  In the very first treasure room with Eve on a Hard run.

I died two rooms later to a spider, because I had burned a heart to go into a Curse room.

FML.

Just had my first Ending 16 run, another hilariously OP run brought to you by Azazel.

post-26188-0-68525100-1417469846_thumb.jpg

How OP? Well, the ending 16 boss didn't hit me once, and if he had I had the wafer... and I think I glitched him out, because about 5 seconds into the fight the post-boss music started playing since I was killing him too quickly.

... kind of anticlimactic.

Just had my first Ending 16 run, another hilariously OP run brought to you by Azazel.

How OP? Well, the ending 16 boss didn't hit me once, and if he had I had the wafer... and I think I glitched him out, because about 5 seconds into the fight the post-boss music started playing since I was killing him too quickly.

... kind of anticlimactic.

Did that boss...

...spawn several waves of bosses/mini-bosses? Normally it's a super extended fight, but one time I got there with a Chaos card and killed his first form instantly. I had wondered if you could kill him fast enough with regular damage if you would skip those extra waves of the fight.

They all still spawned, but with the post-boss music playing instead of the satan fight music. I just rolled my wheel of death over them anyway. Can't Kraid him though I think.

Ah, that's exactly what I was curious about.

If you kill him with the Chaos card, none of the extra waves spawn. Realized I didn't actually say that in my first reply.

I finally got the Golden God last night! Now on to Platinum baby!

How do you get ending 16?

In two angel rooms, blow up the statue and fight the bosses spawned, then get to either the chest or the dark room. The rest should be self-apparent.

In two angel rooms, blow up the statue and fight the bosses spawned, then get to either the chest or the dark room. The rest should be self-apparent.

Holy shit you could do that? I never tried! Thanks! :tup:

Rubber Cement has become one of my favorite items.  For being so unassuming, some of my favorite builds have come from it. 

Played the original for 53 hours and only beat Mom/It Lives 6 times. Just got to "The End" in Rebirth after 61 hours.

My partner had a really successful run thanks to an incredible synergy. Money = Damage followed by the piggy bank and then discovering Tammy's head right before Mom. She had 99 coins from Mom onwards and one shot every boss with Tammy's head. Was hilarious to watch! 

Money = Power is an incredible item, since you nearly always end up with a bunch of money near the end and no way to spend it. Well, a bit less the case when you're just going for Mom kills, but still an excellent item, especially when arcades are so very very exploitable.

I think BoI is one of those games where a kid would just would see past the horrible stuff that it doesn't understand and just focus on the core mechanic of the game. I look forward to when your niece revisits/rediscovers this game in like 20 years time and realises what a horrible game it is, and how it has affected her every life decision since that day she asked to play the baby dungeon game again. :P

New patch, notes here (along with the requisite cheers and tears).

Hard mode just got a bunch better, with normal bomb/key drops being enabled.  I've spent a bunch of time in Hard (have been going for every boss on every character), and by far the key drought is the worst.  It's very, very rare that I haven't had to skip multiple rooms and chests in a Hard run. 

Poor Dark Bum got a big nerf.  No longer guaranteed soul hearts, can also spawn spiders. 

A whole bunch of exploits got fixed as well.