Kolzig

The Marine has been chosen, here we go...

Urban will play John Grimm, the leader of a special ops team that is at the center of the futuristic action-adventure film. When dealing with alien demons, he is forced to cross paths with the organization responsible for his parents' deaths

Not only is the guy called JOHN GRIMM, but his parents' were killed by the organization. And, Alien Demons!!! There's no part of this film I'm not going to like!

I have no respect for any director that made a movie called 'Cradle 2 the Grave'.

I used to buy this magazine called PC Gamer or something, I believe... when I was but a wee little geek... didn't it once come with a 'preview of Doom the Movie' or something? Back in 95-ish? It was basically a joke, with some guy filming his hand going around an office blowing stuff up. I don't remember exactly, but it was funny because it was true...

Does anybody else remember that, or would have a link to download it?

Hmm, hard to say. He's cute, yeah. But no, I doubt he has technique. Although it's hard to say, really. I mean, sure, he has plenty of tool, probably. But does he know how to use it? Hmmm.

What do you think, Chris?

I've heard rave things about the new Resident Evil movie actually, considering the first one was supposed to be really bad.

I can envisage the Rock in a DOOM movie, maybe he can play a slightly spruced and beefed up Dr Betruger.

Or maybe they could attire him in a hell demon garb, and he can play that cyberdemon on the box art of DOOM 2. You know, the one with a machine gun for an arm.

Are they going through with that Half Life Movie btw? Because that COULD actually be quite interesting, if executed properly.

sexyatari.PNG

What do you think, Chris?

I think he should stick to being an elf!

Rock would Rock as the Marine.

But then, to be honest, I can't ever really see this film being A: Taken too seriously, B: Seeing the light of day.

Who knows, maybe I could be wrong.

But I think film producers are flogging a dead horse.

IMO - A game is like an interactive movie, at least, most FPS games are. Part of the reason they work is because of the interactivity. There isn't much of a story to these games, the only reason they're cool is because of fancy graphics, awesome sound, and "scare the shit outta ya" moments.

However, a Half Life film would at least offer SOME sort of story, and might be worth a watch. But ... *shrug*

pah. i'm still waiting for baldur's gate - the movie: spend 200 hours in the cinema of your choice!

doom doesn't seem to have a good enough "story" or strong enough "characters" to make a good doom-related movie out of it.

They should make this movie like that Doom comic where the guys just kills everything searching for the BFG.

Unforutantely, since they've given him a name and some shit backstory, it's obvious they're not going down that road (the road never taken, as it were), but instead the same one every game-to-shitty-movie has taken. Like Tomb Raider and Resident Evil.

The only way this movie could ever be taken out of the gutter is with Bruce Campbell playing The Marine.

The only way this movie could ever be taken out of the gutter is with Bruce Campbell playing The Marine.

As rumored like 80 billion years ago...

As rumored like 80 billion years ago...

Well, pardon me for not being around like 80 billion years ago, ya eunuch jelly thou!

I don't know (nor care much) for this movie, but I thought Karl Urban did a find job as Eomer in the Lord of the Rings movies. He was less impressive in The Bourne Supremacy, I thought, but that was a small, somewhat insignificant role, so I guess he's not to blame.

That said, I think :mrt: should play the marine.

But really, if they were going to make this movie, I think Urban would suit the role quite nicely.

Rumour has it... that Commander Keen the movie is in the works. A guy said that to me today at work. That guy was from San Francisco, so I trust his opinion. Oh, and he's like, my best friend now. Oh, and he's also from Norway.

Rumour has it... that Commander Keen the movie is in the works. A guy said that to me today at work. That guy was from San Francisco, so I trust his opinion. Oh, and he's like, my best friend now. Oh, and he's also from Norway.

Too bad Macaulay Culkin is now 24, and on weed, because he'd be the perfect Billy Blaze (aka Commander Keen).

culkin_3.jpg

Fig. 1: Culkin, years before his arrest for drugs possesion.

(Although I'm not too sure... I mean, look at his eyes!

--Erwin

Too bad Macaulay Culkin is now 24, and on weed, because he'd be the perfect Billy Blaze (aka Commander Keen).

No fucking way.

And THIS post isn't going to be deleted by me.