Sign in to follow this  
clyde

CyberPunk micro-fiction

Let's write some. I'll start.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

There must have been something pheromonal about the e-cig she was vaping; it wasn't until the third night with her that I noticed the markov-chains. These new shills must cost a fortune. When I see the mega-corps making investments in advertising like that, I know it's a good time to change stocks to crypto.

Louise was shocked by how much the customized pharm had changed Chaz. He took every extra shift like he was winning a poker-hand; he never complained about the fumes or the heat; he never seemed to eat, or go to the restroom. Chaz seemed to experience a lustful focus while polishing the metal edges to spec, the microscopic shavings that gave everyone permanent itches had turned into fairy-dust.

Louise asked Chaz how it felt.

"Great, best decision I've ever made. I think I'm happy for the first time in my life!"

"What was the procedure like?"

"They gave me a marker pill that recorded my brain chemistry for two days, when I passed it, I took it back in, they looked at it and gave me a subscription." Chaz spoke of it as if it was how he met his wife. " I got to get back to milling."

"Yeah, ok." Louise watched as the emotions of mastery flooded Chaz's face while doing the most unpleasant possible job. She asked Chaz where the doc was located, wondering if she could get the marker pill during her lunch break.

If he didn't act fast, she might not grab the right ingredients from the store before she finished in the self-checkout. Freddie gazed into the Samsung Note 7, unlocking the screen with a retina-scan. His last visual memory was a thin wisp of smoke and a flash.