Laco

Julian Gollop's Chaos Reborn Kickstarter has a "Wizard Lord" tier

Do you even need to know anything more than that?

Alright, fine: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1206403106/chaos-reborn-from-the-creator-of-the-original-x-co

RPS have previewed it: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/17/chaos-reborn-preview/

Shame about that awkward Ken Levine appearance, though, given the recent Irrational business.

PLUS you have the Wizard Lord aura for your wizard character in battles - an impressive visual effect distinguishing you as a Lord.

Wizard. Distinguish. Lord.

Exuberant.

I liked the Kickstarter, but I stopped reading the article when I saw the word "Video game".

Edit: I can't post the word on the forum.

When you enter a Realm you must seek out and defeat the Wizard Lords, the loyal minions of the Wizard King. As you travel the Wizard King will build his power and reinforce his Wizard Lords, so efficient exploration and effective combat are the keys to success in the Realms. You will discover things to help you and hinder you along the way, and you will build your spell knowledge and equipment as your progress. Once all the Wizard Lords are defeated you can challenge the Wizard King, and if you are victorious you are certain to win valuable treasures and potentially rare or unique artefacts.

Perfect.

Julian appeared on the most recent Gamers with Jobs podcast. I recommend checking it out for a good discussion about the game. I was also pleased to see he has been enjoying the game Hoplite, which is a pretty rad tactical, puzzle-y roguelike for the iOS.

Hoplite is really, really fun. I picked it up on Tom Francis' recommendation and have not been disappointed. The only small issue is that once you grok it, it takes a while for each game to ramp up in difficulty to the challenging point.

Yeah, that's true, I have a similar issue with Don't Starve (very different game obviously, but similarly a game where the permadeath setup results in some odd design outcomes).

Backers now have access to a prototype build of the game now. I'm excited to check it out when I get back home tonight!

So this is out on Steam Early Access since December, and being a fan of the original game, I thought I'd pick it up! I'm not very good (I generally tend to take a lot of risks in games, in the hope that things will work out, but in a game where all of the combat is based on percentages, that often results in me being killed by a rat or something equally dumb), but if anyone's interested in playing, my Steamertag is 'Giraffe Cat'. I'm also in the Idle Thumbs group, so you can find me that way.

I'm out of town this weekend, but I'll add you and hopefully we can play a game sometime soon!