Sign in to follow this  
Dualhammers

Idle Thumbs Accompaniment?

Driving and riding the train are the main activities for me, like many here. 

I do sometimes play games, though... I can do both as long as it's not something that involves a story or dialog that I want to hear. A racing game is fine, or a deathmatch in a totally non-tactical shooter.

Or lately Assassin's Creed IV, but I'll stick to the side activities like plundering ships and collecting bullshit items and slaying beautiful sea mammals, eschewing story missions until I can give it my full attention.

Podcasts are probably partially responsible for why I've been so drawn to roguelikes/likelikes*. I try to always have one on rotation to futilely chip away at while listening to casts. Two meaningless activities for the price of one!

* I just got an idea for a super cheesy line of GAMER greeting cards for significant others. The cover says "I don't roguelike you," then you open it up and there's a picture of any one of the three damsels from Spelunky doing the kissy face and it says "I roguelikelike you."

Sorry.

I found a new accompaniment: Next Car Game Sneak Peek 2.0 from Bugbear.

(it's 25$ for early access to the game, though)

Looks more like a physics tech demo than a game

Yeah, because that's a physics tech demo you get with the game. The actual early access game is also quite limited at the moment - 2 cars and 3 tracks.