melmer

PlayStation+

Can i just say playstation plus in fucking insane!

This is the EU update for next month (i think we get it better in the EU then in the States)

Leaving PS Plus:
25th September: Assassin’s Creed 3
25th September: Saints Row the Third
25th September: Payday: The Heist
25th September: Urban Trials
25th September: New Little Kings Story

Entering PS Plus:
25th September: Far Cry 3
25th September: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
25th September: Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
25th September: Street Fighter X Tekken
25th September: Touch My Katamari

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/17/playstation-plus-in-october-far-cry-3-street-fighter-x-tekken-lead-the-way/

9715622071_cea74de40d.jpg

PURE SEX

And when the PS4 come out i'll be getting a quality indie game free each month

I think i remember reading that they only select games with a metacritic rating of 8 and above? Either way they aren't shovelling shit

They must have different criteria for Vita games then cough New Little King's Story cough. But yeah it is good value if you want to play last year's games (no judgement) for really not much money per year.

Of course, bear in mind that this is a critical time for PS+ as it'll be part of online multiplayer on PS4, so it has to be presented as well as possible right now.

I wonder how many publishers have had a change of heart over free-to-play after having their DLC-friendly games featured on PS+?

I'm pretty fond of the service.

Just to put to one side the value you get which i think is very good, especially as someone who also owns a vita  it does a few things i appreciate

- by being curated it exposes you to games you wouldn't otherwise have played or taken a risk on, out of feeling obligated to get your moneys worth and the low barrier once you have them avaliable for free. i think they've done a good job at having a wide variety within the constraints.of being well reviewed games on ps3: good range of genres, good balance between western and japanese games. though there could maybe be more good indie stuff on ps3 (there's more indie focus on vita, but that's more a reflection of what's on that platform).

- having a new group of games each month means that friends and internet communuties also part of ps+ synchronise their playing habits which leads to interesting discussions. yes i know lots of people playing the same game is common - loads will be playing gtav right now - but i think it's nice to have these conversations distanced from the hype and expectations around new releases.

I'd be fascinated to know how it works out from a buisness perspective.

Those two months of PS+ kick the shit out of the US offerings, though this month is still pretty good compared to other months past - Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection, Ico, Galaga Legions DX, GTA: Liberty City Stories (PSP/PSV), Rayman Origins (PSV).

Is that the Vita version of Street Fighter X Tekken I just bought in that sale they're pimping right now? Fuck right off. They used to have a policy that games in sales wouldn't be on PS+ within a few months of it.

That's one black mark in a service that's been basically impeccable since I signed up last July though. I mainly bought it for the cloud saves but the store benefits and the range of games they've given us has been well worth it. Remember that one month they gave us Demon's Souls, ICO and Shadow of the Colossus? Woaft.

Yeah, I almost bought that Street Fighter game, I'm glad I didn't, but you're right, it's a nasty move to pull to put a game on sale with a discount to PSN+ member only to give it away free a week later.

It's not uncommon to buy a game and then get it free later, but right after a sale, yikes!

Caution: the most recent sets of PS3 bundles only come with 30-day PS+ subs. The Uncharted 3 bundle does still come with a year of Plus, but you're splitting hairs on value when you could just get a GTAV bundle and resell the GTAV when you're done with it since Uncharted 3 comes with + now

Meh, reselling games. However, the HDD in the GTAV bundle is twice the size, so I'll keep that in mind. I missed the sale that Fred Meyers had where it was $20 off the regular price, plus a $50 gift card. Looks like Gamestop is selling the Uncharted bundle for $20 off as well.

Edit: Wait, is Uncharted 3 free? I don't see it on the list of games. Is there an exhaustive list of what's currently free, or do I just have to search the PS blog?

I should still be free, but it's incredibly annoying to play the digital version, you have to download lots of different files to get the game working.

Edit: Wait, is Uncharted 3 free? I don't see it on the list of games. Is there an exhaustive list of what's currently free, or do I just have to search the PS blog?

Are you a yanky doodle?

http://uk.playstation.com/playstationplus/#select-tab-gamecollection

Oh sorry that's the UK, the site auto adjusts to your region I guess

USA: http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

(Uncharted 3 is like a 50GB download)

I feel like an idiot, I looked at that picture three times but didn't get that they were trying to show me the available titles. What ever happened to having a text list *grumble* get off my lawn *grumble*

It's crazy good.  It's such a better deal than Xbox Live.  I have more games than I can play now, even without going out to purchase any.

...And yesterday I was able to claim Machinarium, X-Com, Uncharted 3 and Resident Evil Chronicles in their entirety.  Insane.  I don't understand how they're making money off of this.

It's getting people used to paying for Plus, which Sony stands to make something like $1.2 billion on annually (don't ask where I got that number, just remember reading it at some point) once the PS4 is in full swing.

Also, the good will it generates is outstanding and undoubtedly gets Plus member to spend more money (gross, that is; aka, money they wouldn't have spent otherwise) by having Plus-exclusive discounts. The prevailing logic is undoubtedly "if I'm saving so much money on IGC games, why not spend some of that 'saved' money on heavily discounted Plus-exclusive sale games?"

Not to mention that they are giving away free Vita games compelling people to buy a Vita. 

And even if you have the game for free, you still might spend money on their DLC.

Also also, almost all of the IGC choices are deliberate and targeted:

Leaving PS Plus:

25th September: Assassin’s Creed 3 Promotes Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed: III Liberation HD
25th September: Saints Row the Third Promotes Saints Row 4
25th September: Payday: The Heist Promotes Payday 2
25th September: Urban Trials Wildcard, likely needed to fill out the roster so they spun the wheel and it landed on Urban Trials
25th September: New Little Kings Story Promotes Vita

Entering PS Plus:
25th September: Far Cry 3 Promoting PS3-exclusive FC3 Co-op DLC scheduled for Jan 2014
25th September: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams Paying a Kickstarter-backed indie project that might solidify future PS4 relationship
25th September: Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen Wildcard, may be promoting a sequel since Capcom seems to like Dragon's Dogma
25th September: Street Fighter X Tekken Promotes Vita
25th September: Touch My Katamari Promotes Vita

Additionally, I bet the number of people that actually download their free games is smaller than you think. I've only downloaded 2 out of 6 (I think) games since Xbox started offering their free gold deals.

Not to mention that they are giving away free Vita games compelling people to buy a Vita. 

And even if you have the game for free, you still might spend money on their DLC.

The vita thing seems plausible. Has it worked?

As for DLC, I'm skeptical. It feels like half the time or more the offers come with all DLC included.

The vita thing seems plausible. Has it worked?

As for DLC, I'm skeptical. It feels like half the time or more the offers come with all DLC included.

I think DLC is never included, I don't know what you're talking about. The specific case I can think of here in the US is that they gave out Battlefield 3 with absolutely no DLC (after it had all the DLC released), then a couple months later they had the Premium Pass and various DLC Plus-exclusive discounted as a "free" bait and switch.

I bought my Vita because of all the free Vita games I had and I think I've heard others in these forums who did it too for the same reason.

You lucky pup

Enjoy! You should play uncharted 2 before 3! (Also to get uncharted 3 working you need to download the f2p multiplayer thing)